Before and After School Instructor
Company: YMCA of Greater Seattle
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*$500 Sign-On Incentive November-December!!! Urgently
*Tell me about this job!*
As an instructor, you will support one of our YMCA programs at a
local elementary school before the start of the school day and
after it ends. Your role will be to support your team in teaching
teamwork and social skills to children as they grow and learn, with
a focus on general childcare and guiding activities.
Apply on Indeed or at the Y Site:
*Minimum compensation: *$20/hr, $19/hr for minors
*What you'll get from working at the Y*
* Individual membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle
* Free access to mental health resources
* Rapidly accruing paid time off (PTO) available immediately upon
Hours Vary by School/Location:
Monday - Friday 7:00am - Start of School (9:30 AM)
Monday - Friday End of School - 6pm
The Y provides full day programming on non-school days and early
*What we're looking for in an applicant*
* 16 years of age or older
* Experience with children; camps, childcare, tutoring, or
* Ability to model and demonstrate Y values: caring, respect,
responsibility and honesty.
* Experience planning and implementing group activities.
* TB Test by Mantoux method. \*
* Completion of minimum STARS required training, CPR/First Aid
* Cleared Portable Background Check in the statewide registry
* At hire, or earliest possible training (but no later than 30 days
\*\*At hire, or during onboarding for position.
*What you'll be doing*
* Implements culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate
activities within the curriculum in accordance with the Youth
Development goals of the YMCA.
* Supervises a group of children to ensure their health and safety
and to provide for a positive experience for each child.
* May provide guidance to staff/volunteers overseeing the
activities of groups of children.
* Professionally communicates day-to-day, confidential and
evaluative information with parents/guardians.
* Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to
medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and
* Assists in maintaining developmentally appropriate site including
appearance, d--cor and cleanliness of site.
* May prepare and serve snacks. Cleans snack area.
* Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position
requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and
supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse
populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual
* Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be
* High school diploma or the equivalent of one.
*You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you*
* Thrive on working in a collaborative environment.
* Are very adaptable.
* Have high ownership and strong work ethic.
* Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet.
* Truly enjoy being of service to people.
* Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people
and enjoy working together.
* Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a
better, stronger community for all.
*Job site options: *
Horace MannElementary: 17001 NE 104th, Redmond, WA 98052
Einstein Elementary: 18025 NE 116th St, Redmond, WA 98052
Ben Rush Elementary: 6101 152nd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
Audubon Elementary: 3045 180th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are
encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and
*YGS will comply with all WA State mandates regarding COVID
*As of March 12, 2022 COVID Vaccinations Requirements for this role
are Required. *This position requires proof of vaccination in
compliance with local state and federal guidelines unless a
submitted medical or religious exemption is approved. To see
requirements for each program within our association, click
*MMR Vaccination Required*: Licensed School Age Programs require
Mumps, Measles and Rhubella immunization in accordance with
Department of Children, Youth and Family requirments. This task is
assigned as part of onboarding with your Covid-19 Immunization
*YMCA of Greater Seattle's Core Values*
* Passion for Excellence
_YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating
a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other
status protected by local, state, or federal law._
_All job offers are contingent on the results of a background
check. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system._
Location: 14230 Bel-Red Road, Bellevue, WA 98007
JOB ID: 2022-13533
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Redmond, WA 98052: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Briefly explain your experience working with youth. (This can be
professional or personal experience and can also include
babysitting, nannying and/or volunteer experience.)
* Our current programs require all of our employees to pass the
state issued MERIT background check, in order to meet Washington
State Licensing Requirements. Would you be willing and able to
undergo this background check?
* Can you work before and after school shifts: 7 am - 9:30 am PST;
3 pm - 6 pm PST (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday); 7 am - 9:30 am
PST; 1 pm - 6 pm PST (Wednesday)? Are you available for all shifts?
If not, please list the days and times you can work.
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Seattle, Redmond , Before and After School Instructor, Education / Teaching , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!