Signal Integrity Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2021
As a Signal Integrity Engineer on the Facebook AR Product Team,
you will work directly with the AR design team to influence design
of high-speed interfaces in Facebook's AR prototypes and future
line of consumer products. You will model, simulate, prototype,
measure, and evaluate these high-speed interfaces to ensure
compliant, and functionally robust AR devices. You will become part
of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative
prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will
dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include
mechanical, firmware, software, electrical, and research experts.
We want people who work well in teams, can take an ambiguous
requirement, and can create elegant highly constrained solutions
into high-volume consumer products. The ideal candidate would be
comfortable specifying test equipment to evaluate the Signal
Integrity of systems. The candidate should be able to operate that
same equipment with skill to determine root cause of noisy or
marginal signaling and be able to recommend design changes to
create a margined and compliant system.
- Perform core function to provide support for Signal Integrity
(SI) simulation/measurement to EE team.
- Measure and correlate SI simulation results with actual
measured results to make future simulation results more in-line to
actual measured signals.
- Participate in the schematic and layout review process and
provide expert opinion to have robust SI for high speed
- Work with different suppliers to validate received simulation
models for their IO drivers and connectors.
- Interact with outside interconnect suppliers to define quality
expectations from interconnect SI point of view.
- Coordinate with both internal and external compliance labs to
debug SI compliance failures observed.
- Come up with creative solutions to perform SI simulation and
measurements where not all inputs are available.
- Coordinate with test instrument/Simulation tool suppliers to
figure out anomalies observed during simulations/measurements.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- BS/MS degree in electrical engineering or a related field or
- 5+ years experience using different kind of simulation tools
from Hyperlynx, Ansys, Keysight ADS, CST Microwave Studio, HSPICE
- Experience with PCB/FPC design process technology and its
impact on Signal Integrity
- Experience with high-speed interfaces like DDR, SPI, USB2/3,
DP, PCIe, MIPI etc.
- Experience using SI test instruments like TDR, VNA, Highspeed
Scopes, Spectrum analyzers etc.
- Experience with outside compliance lab test setup and test
- Experience in digital system design, including at least one
consumer product shipped in high volumeFacebook's mission is to
give people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Redmond , Signal Integrity Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!