Senior LTE/5G Air Interface and Call Processing Test Engineer
Company: WorldLink US
Posted on: February 19, 2021
We are looking for a Senior LTE/5G Air interface and Call
Processing Test Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You
will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a
multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product
validation to introduce Client products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of test plan and test cases for
product validation, feature validation, systems and performance
analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on
Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them
into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of
new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Educate our customers on Client's new products and services
both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics,
and cross- functional teams from Client HQ to achieve successful
new product roll-outs and developments. Success Criteria:Technical
- Validation expert in driving the technical solutions to
customer through complex organizational dynamicsPresentations
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all
levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to
navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
- Technical lead for a team of engineers.
- Detailed understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL
scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is required
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature
validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization,
performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G air interface and call processing
technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio
- Detailed understanding of overall Wireless systems with
emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
- Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software
upgrades, MOP verification
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers,
XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of
directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years'
experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree is EE/CS is required
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project Necessary
Skills and attributes:
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects,
sales and simultaneous performance objectives.
- Work independently in determining one's personal work schedule
to be productive.
- Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and
team project milestones and to complete assignments within
established time frames.
- Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring
creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and
general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- Proven ability to interact at multiple levels within customer's
- Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially
adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and
staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and
- Ability to achieve results within established time frames and
requirements. Physical/Mental Demands:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal
between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of
- Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity /
detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time
is under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stress which are
normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines,
intellectual challenges and project management deadlines.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's,
printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated
with an office work area.
- May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
Travel varies depending on position.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and
procedures, including but not limited to, attendance,
confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical
Keywords: WorldLink US, Redmond , Senior LTE/5G Air Interface and Call Processing Test Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!