Principal Engineering Manager
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Save save Principal Engineering Manager to job cart
- Job number 966101
- Date posted Jan 19, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Role type People Manager
- Employment type Full-Time Wake up every morning and KNOW you
are making a difference. Flipgrid's --mission is to empower
everyone on the planet to share their-- voice --and respect the
diverse voices of others. The-- Flipgrid --team has focused on
student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly
growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100
million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180
countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!-- We are looking
for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers-people who care
about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we
serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we
do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined,
collaborative and fun. As a Principal Engineering Manager on the
Trust and Safety team, you will be responsible for leading a n
engineering --team-- dedicated to understanding-- the user
community, industry, and technologies involved --to-- develop a
resilient and-- safe --platform . The ideal candidate should be
able to quickly make an impact on the-- Flipgrid --Engineering team
and work with the larger-- Flipgrid --organization to deliver
innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of
students and educators. Responsibilities
- Lead,-- mentor , and grow a-- team of engineers-- spanning
across --multiple core-- engineering-- disciplines .
- Plan and maintain an engineering roadmap for long-term platform
strategies; collaborate closely with product leadership to
coordinate resourcing and updates.
- Serve multiple roles in the SDLC from planning, design, and
development and beyond.
- Ability to work with cross-org stakeholders to plan , develop,
and-- deliver critical services.
- Hire ,-- grown, and-- retain --a diverse team of problem
- A strong commitment to mentorship and making your fellow
engineers better. Qualifications
- Extensive experience guiding engineering teams in architecting
large-scale, high-throughput environments.
- 15+ years of experience working-- on highly-scalable ,
- 10+ years of experience leading a team of cross-discipline
- Strong ability to orchestrate the delivery of-- applications
and platforms across multiple environments.
- Strong ability to coordinate engineering releasees with
executive --stakeholders and align deployments with --GTM
- 5+ years of AWS, Azure or similar cloud services
- Experience architecting, planning, and delivering API--
services Bonus credit for:
- Experience implementing ML/AI --services .
- Strong working knowledge of audio/video from client capture to
- Experience working on consumer applications and environments
that have served millions of users across multiple geos.
- A strong understanding of the Education space.
- Follow best practices (continuous integration, TDD, code
standards). Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care
leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital
status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental
disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request--via the Accommodation request form . Benefits/perks listed
below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with
Microsoft and the country where you work. Save save Principal
Engineering Manager to job cart This site is hosted for Microsoft
by Phenom People
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Principal Engineering Manager, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!