Posted on: November 16, 2021
Job Title: Materials EngineerLocation: Redmond, WADuration: 1
YearSummary:The main function of the materials engineer is to
execute material quality management programs and evaluate material
and tooling performance.Responsibilities
- Evaluation of mechanical properties of elastomers and textile
materials using standard test procedures and tooling.
- Collaboration with testing team and scientists in the
- Perform mechanical tests on coupon and component level.
- Generate correlations between mechanical characteristics and
wearability factors such as comfort to narrow down materials
specifications. Potential collaboration with user studies team to
test prototypes to evaluate wearability.
- Communicate through reports, summaries, and presentations
- Excellent organization skills to keep track of the data
generated and make it readily accessible as needed.Required
- Holds a BS/MS/PhD in material science, textile design, polymer
science with 2 years experience.
- Experience with JMP, MATLAB, python
- Knowledgeable and experienced in polymer characterization
techniques: DSC, TGA, DMA, FTIR, GPC, SEM, AFM, WCA,
- Knowledgeable in mechanical testing of elastomers such as:
- Understanding of reliability testing and needs for products in
- Good to have: 2+ years experience in human subject studies and
mechanical characterization, wearables.Nice to Have
- Experience in 3D printing, laser cutting, knitting, sewing, 3D
printing, polymer overmolding processesIND123
Keywords: Ursus, Redmond , Materials Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!