Biosensor Characterization Engineer
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Facebook Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual
reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work
alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create
the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The
Cameras & Sensors (C&S) team gathers world class expertise and
talent in photographic and machine vision cameras, imaging sensors,
and depth, inertial, and bio sensing systems, and owns the
development and validation for all these sensing systems across the
whole AR, VR & Portal product portfolios.We are looking for a
Biosensor Characterization Engineer that will collaborate closely
with a highly cross functional product team in enabling various
biosensing features across multiple product lines within the FRL
AR/VR ecosystem. This individual will be responsible for end-to-end
performance characterization of the sensor including defining the
validation requirements, hardware bench characterization,
correlation to sensor KPIs and overall system performance in real
world usage scenarios.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in design, test and
characterization of electrical systems for biosensors applications
in wearable products.
- Identify critical hardware performance metrics for sensors,
including component, board and system level requirements.
- Formulate KPIs for hardware level sensor performance and bridge
the gap between hardware characterization and end feature
performance for users.
- Board and system level bring-up, verification and debug of
sensor modules. Failure analysis and corrective actions on
integration of sensor modules as part of NPI development
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for
supporting product development and build cycles.
- Bachelor's degree in EE, Physics or related technical
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics with expertise
in one or more of these areas: analog, mixed-signal, sensor/AFE
design and optoelectronics.
- Experience in hardware design and validation of sensors (custom
or OTS sensors) including custom board development, lab
measurements and characterization.
- Proficiency with data collection and analysis tools including
Python, LabVIEW, MATLAB and other scripting languages.
- Knowledge with sensor systems, including optical and electrical
- Expertise in architecture, design and characterization of
physiological sensors in wearable platforms.
- Proficiency in signal processing, test automation and bring up
of data acquisition tools.
- Expert knowledge of sensing modalities for typical biosensors
in health and fitness related wearable products including but not
limited to photoplethysmogram, core body temperature, bioimpedance
- Product development experience with high volume consumer
devices and xVT builds.
- Experience translating hardware performance to key feature
facing sensor KPIs.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Redmond , Biosensor Characterization Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!