Electrical Engineer, Display and Optics Module Team
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: January 7, 2022
The FRL Display and Optics organization is looking for talented
and driven individuals to contribute to the future of AR/VR
advancements. Our team is responsible for productization of D&O
modules that go into final products. We are also responsible for
supporting prototyping needs to support our productization goals.
We want people who work well in teams, can take a board definition
and implement it with electrical schematic and layout, and can
transition these designs into a contract-manufacturers workflow to
have them delivered, tested, and brought-up reliably.We are looking
for system or board level Electrical Engineers with experience in
high volume consumer product development to take ownership of
multiple design workstreams. In this role, you will be expected to
produce detailed schedule plans, architecture proposals, design
calculations, design files, simulations, and manage the fabrication
and distribution of electrical components that you are responsible
for. You will encounter projects that will have custom ASICs,
uLEDs, microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs from simple to
large, display components, analog circuits, and high speed I/O. The
ideal candidate would be comfortable designing mixed signal digital
circuit boards, be experienced troubleshooting at the board and
system level, and be familiar with the consumer product development
process necessary to ship high volume consumer products.The team is
rapidly growing, and there are many opportunities for growth in
areas of prototyping and mass-production of modules. This posting
is for multiple roles involving the areas described. Apply today to
contribute to developing the future of AR/VR!
- Design, simulate, prototype, and test electrical systems while
working closely with FPGA, FW/SW, silicon design engineers, and
- Produce schematics, select components, generate BOMs, manage
board layouts, execute the assemble, testing, debugging, and
integration of designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- Oversee the design of FPCs/PCBs, including partnering with
cross-functional teams for high-speed layout considerations, SI/PI,
desense, DFM, etc.
- Facilitate the manufacturing of electrical designs by managing
your contract manufacturing partners for FAB and SMT.
- Create architecture diagrams and documentation (ERD, ERS,
device specifications, etc.) for electrical systems.
- Collaborate in a team environment across engineering
- Communicate timelines of deliverables with key customers.
- Work autonomously and take initiative to manage
- Ability to communicate to partners in APAC and EU time zones as
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- 5+ years of experience along with a BS in Electrical
Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in schematic and board layout using Cadence
OrCAD/Allegro, Altium, or equivalent.
- Experience with flexible, rigid, and rigid-flex stack-ups and
layout principles, including high-speed signal integrity, power
layout, and seeking help for SI/PI, DFM, desense, etc.
- Experience analyzing root cause, design debugging, and problem
solving with engineering test equipment.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance and
experience handling multiple tasks.
- Experience working with JDM, ODM, and CM partners.
- Demonstrated communication skills, analytical and
- Team player and detail oriented. Displays attributes of a
critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas.
- Masters or equivalent experience.
- Experience with uLEDs or small-scale panels for display
- Experience with AR/VR systems and head-mounted-devices
- Experience developing demonstrator systems for AR/VR/MR
products in HMD or other formats.
- Experience with common communication interfaces such as UART,
USB, I3C, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Experience with high speed signaling over Ethernet, DDR, DP,
MIPI, HDMI, PCIe, USB SS, etc.
- Experience with high-speed communication interfaces enabling
- Experience working with displays or optical components (I.E.
display drivers or camera sensor drivers).
- Experience with leveraging programmable logic devices to
instantiate IP blocks for component consolidation.
- Experience with mixed domain circuit design, filter design,
operation/instrumentation amplifiers, ADC/DACs, power supply
design, or other integrated and discrete analog circuits.
- Experience in high-speed circuit design that includes FPGAs,
uCs, SOC/CPU/GPUs, power supply circuits, etc.
- Experience with circuit simulations & modeling (e.g. SPICE,
MATLAB, PowerDC, ModelSim, etc.).
- Experience programming scripting languages such as Python, or
equivalent, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test
- Experience directly contributing to the design and development
of one or more consumer electronics that has shipped in mass
production volumes of over five hundred thousand. Facebook's
mission is to give people the power to build community and bring
the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services,
we're building a different kind of company that connects billions
of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters
most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're
creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach,
people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are
constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to
empower people around the world to build community and connect in
meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger
communities - we're just getting started. Facebook is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Facebook App, Redmond , Electrical Engineer, Display and Optics Module Team, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!