Image Sensor Firmware Engineer
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Facebook Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual
reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work
alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create
the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The
Cameras & Sensors (C&S) team gathers world class expertise and
talent in photographic and machine vision cameras, imaging sensors,
and depth, inertial, and bio sensing systems, and owns the
development and validation for all these sensing systems across the
whole AR, VR & Portal product portfolios.We are looking for a
Firmware Engineer to help design a camera system using a custom
design control board, bring up image sensor test boards and develop
sensor test programs to enable image sensor characterization. This
individual will be responsible for sensor board and camera system
firmware development, software development for sensor
characterization test program, and camera system application
interface program development.
- Develop and standardize Image sensor test program platform to
support both custom design and OTS sensors.
- Develop API engine to integrate board, sensor, and external
- Develop GUI based test program to enable sensor control, image
streaming, and image data analysis.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug image sensor
drivers/firmware for image sensor reference design, image sensor
characterization board, and image sensor validation board.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to define test spec
and procedures for new prototype devices and systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or
- 7+ years experience with driver and board-level system software
- Significant experience with hardware development board bring-up
- Experience with serial bus controllers, such as BusPirate and
- Expertise in microcontroller based embedded system development,
- Experience with peripherals and communication protocols such as
USB, SPI, MIPI CSI/DSI, MIPI CPHY/DPHY, I2C/I3C, UART, GPIO,
- Experience using Python for device driver development and lab
- Experience with software design and programming in Python/C/C++
for development and debugging.
- Experience with scripting image processing algorithms based on
- Experience in camera control firmware development and
developing API engine to enable multiple onboard device
- Experience in GUI based application program development.
- Experience in instrumentation control and automated test
- Experience with working independently and managing priorities,
extensive experience of using Git and Mercurial to manage
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Redmond , Image Sensor Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!