Display Optical Engineer
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR Hardware, we are developing the
future of Portal, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR)
products. As a Display Optical Engineer, you will be a member of
our Display and Optics organization, taking a lead in display
module optical design to set the technical goals, be the point of
contact and interface to the product development team, lead the
development of leading-edge technologies and designs, and work with
the current and evolving ecosystem to provide differentiating
capabilities to our HW platforms. You will be part of a tight-knit
group of highly talented engineers at the forefront of innovation
for our Portal and VR products.
- Lead display module optical/panel design and define optical
specifications, test plan/methodologies.
- Proactively work with cross functional teams including EE, ME,
touch, reliability, SW and system team, to drive decisions for best
display module design.
- Support display color calibration process and solutions, HDR
and image quality evaluation.
- Identify risks, track and resolve issues through various phases
- Design and integrate new display technologies into products
from the prototype phase to mass production.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% time internationally.
- Master's degree in Physics, Optical, Photonics, Color Science,
Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in display design for consumer
- Experience in display/touch module optical design and
architecture, system integration, test, debugging and
- Experience with designing display module with display
technologies such as LCD, backlights, or AMOLED.
- Experience performing and designing DOE, data analysis, SPC
control, yield improvement, root cause investigation, FACA, and
- Knowledge of display metrology, photometry, and
- Experience in working with display vendors, ODMs and CMs, as
well as JDM development.
- Track-record of ownership in designing and delivering consumer
- In-depth knowledge of AMLCD TFT, LC cell or AMOLED design and
- Experience with flexible substrate display technologies.
- Expert in display optical performance related fields such as
color science, CF design, LEDs, or backlight films.
- Experience with optical simulation models with tools such as
Lightools, ZEMAX, or Tracepro.
- Project management, communication skills and people skills.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook App, Redmond , Display Optical Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!