Analog/Mixed Signal (AMS) Design Engineer
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Facebook Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual
reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work
alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create
the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The
Cameras & Sensors (C&S) team gathers world class expertise and
talent in photographic and machine vision cameras, imaging sensors,
and depth, inertial, and bio sensing systems, and owns the
development and validation for all these sensing systems across the
whole AR, VR, & Portal product portfolios. We are looking for an
Analog Mixed Signal Designer to create innovative designs at the
forefront of custom sensor technology, to enable breakthrough new
depth sensing architectures delivering the best-in-class
performance in small form factors and ultra-low power systems. The
ideal candidate is enthusiastic about exploring and tackling new
on-sensor compute architectures and sometimes ambiguous technical
challenges, is engaged in deep collaboration across internal and
external teams of passionate technologists that result in detailed
depth sensor analyses, critical tradeoff evaluations, and sensor
architectural execution strategies.The scope of this role in the
depth system architecture team will be a technical lead in
creating, specifying, and reviewing new approaches to achieve
high-end depth system performance in very constrained area and
power efficiency requirements in the AR and VR space.
Analog/Mixed Signal (AMS) Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Explore, propose, and create innovation high-performance depth
sensor architecture proposals within stringent area and power
efficiency constraints, targeting Facebook's leading-edge AR and VR
- Draft and own detailed specification documentation for internal
and external partners
- Participate in and drive deep technical weekly reviews with key
external design partners, from top level architecture, critical
blocks, functional models, and RTL
- Work closely with internal and external teams of circuit and
logic designers to design through RTL, schematics, and models
- Run simulations to predict system performance and power, and
- Close collaboration with chip and block architects to
understand macro floorplan, power distribution, and signal
- Develop scripts as necessary to improve productivity and
- Participate in process improvements and complete any assigned
circuit design task with minimal supervision
- Travel both domestically and internationally up to 10% of the
- Familiar with CMOS image processing, depth performance
analysis, imaging algorithms.
- Understanding of mixed-signal building blocks (ADCs, DACs,
output drivers), and DLL/PLL.
- Experience in circuit simulation and modeling, using Cadence,
Mentor, and Synopsis tools.
- 3+ years of experience with analog circuit design and feedback
- Experience in programming/scripting with HDL
(Verilog/VHDL/SystemVerilog), MATLAB, Python.
- Experience communicating clearly and working effectively in a
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
field or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed
prior to joining Meta.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of IC fabrication processes and device physics
- Understanding the basics of SPAD depth sensor, including
PLL/DLL/TDC and depth signal processing
- Experience in prototyping, characterization and debugging of
image/depth sensor IC
- Experience publications in peer reviewed journals and
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Redmond , Analog/Mixed Signal (AMS) Design Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!