Fermentation Process Engineer I
Posted on: May 9, 2022
COMPANY INFORMATIONProbi - is a global company focused
exclusively on researching, manufacturing, and delivering
probiotics for supplements and functional food. We are experts at
managing stable, live bacteria from R&D through every stage of
the manufacturing process and are dedicated to making the
health-enhancing benefits of probiotics available to people
POSITION SUMMARYThe Fermentation Process Engineer I will work in a
team responsible for the process development of the fermentation,
harvest, and freezing of probiotics. This position will design and
run a variety of lab-scale production experiments from growth
curves to media development. The individual must be comfortable
working in a lab and in a production setting. The role includes
individual and teamwork, so the ability to work independently
efficiently, and collaborate with others is a must.
We are looking for a science-minded individual, who has a passion
for probiotics and improving the fermentation production process of
microorganisms. We will provide product and process specific
training - you must be willing and open to learning!
We are currently seeking candidates for the Fermentation Process
Engineer I, to work in our Redmond, WA location. Schedule is Monday
through Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Design and run laboratory experiments as dictated by the Head
- Able to make media, conduct PVC testing, and conduct basic data
- Maintain detailed notes on laboratory experiments and
communicate results to the Process Development Team
- Be able to work in a shared lab space and maintain a clean and
organized lab bench
- Have excellent time management skills to work around shared
- Learn to operate a variety of sanitary processing equipment,
such as tanks, hoses, pumps, centrifuges, mixers, augers,
autoclaves, and cleaning chemicals
- Responsible for production shifts when needed
- Must be available for one Saturday a month for production
- Assist in the scale-up of laboratory experiments to production
- Able to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Experience with fermentation, brewing, food production, or
- Possess a solid understanding of microbiology, microbiology
laboratory work, and design of experiments.
- Prepared to work under cGMP regulations and quality
requirements of production.
- Manufacturing or regulatory knowledge: Understands the
regulatory and compliance requirements for food and nutritional
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A degree and/or equivalent experience in Microbiology, Biology,
Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or Food Science.
- Experience in dairy, brewery, winery, or similar industries a
plus! Experience with flow cytometry is also a bonus!
- Adhering to strict confidentiality policies and
- Must be able to recognize audible and visual hazards.
- Ability to read, write, and converse in the English
- Must follow GMP, PPE, and company safety policies in the
performance of job duties.
- Must be able to work in a variety of conditions.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Able to pass a background check.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS FOR US EMPLOYEES
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage after 30+ days (30 days
after hire date, then the beginning of the next month) with 85%
paid by employer.
- Short and long-term disability insurance at no cost to
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accrues on hire with up to 4 weeks (20
days) for new hire.
- Nine (9) paid holidays per year.
- Membership in 401K and Roth plan after 6 months with up to 4%
- Thursday breakfast goodies. Team-building events throughout the
- 17 hours of Volunteer hours per calendar year!
Probi USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected
Keywords: Probi, Redmond , Fermentation Process Engineer I, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!