Design Validation Firmware Engineer
Company: Andrews Cooper
Posted on: August 7, 2022
DESIGN VALIDATION FIRMWARE ENGINEER IN REDMOND, WAAndrews Cooper
specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions
for various industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We
have high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct
business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations
and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect,
trust, and goodwill.
Our clients' commitment starts at home, with a family of over 100
talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there
is a better way to operate as a company by supporting and
developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do
and how we achieve our goals:
- We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love
applying science to tough problems.
- We work as a team from a foundation of mutual trust, humility,
- We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and
succeeding for our clients.
- We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to
- We support each other with understanding and compassion through
life's difficult moments.
- We believe in doing what's right, even when it's not always
- We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver
superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their
careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and
thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships,
please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit
our qualifications and culture, please connect with us, and let's
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position works in a lab environment on new
innovative products for the consumer electronics space. You will
work in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements.
Someone who loves to be hands-on with an analytical and inquisitive
mind would work well in this position.
- Minimum BSEE, BSME, or BSCS required
- Experience in the development of PC-based drivers and interface
- development for products in the consumer PC or consumer
- Proficiency in C and Python development ( C++ and other
higher-level languages as well as host-level application
programming a plus).
- Basic understanding of Embedded FW architecture skills showing
an interest in embedded systems
- Ability to write/debug code, and use HW level code debuggers
and diagnostics tools.
- Ability to learn hardware debugging tools such as logic
analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc. during the firmware development
- Strong communication skills are required, including the ability
to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written
- The ability to comprehend and assimilate technical concepts
- disciplines is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and self-driven.
- Up to 20% travel may be required between locations
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver's License
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without
- Experience in consumer electronics or medical devices
- Experience in the development of PC based hardware interface
and control applications /scripting etc.
- Experience in board design, system bring-up and
- Experience with embedded systems
- Familiar with CAD tools like OrCAD, Altium, and/or Allegro
- Knowledge of high-speed buses such as PCIe, USB, DSI, CSI, and
UFS. Plus I3C/I2C/SPI
- Experience working on SoC, wireless technologies, cameras, and
- Experience using lab equipment and soldering components down to
- Capability in at least one of the following areas: - Ability to
collect data and inputs from Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience working on drop, shock, and vibration testing
- Experienced in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Experience with design of experiments (DOE)
- Six Sigma experience (Green Belt or Black Belt) is a bonus
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with
top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
- Competitive wages with incentive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
- Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of
A-player engineers of many disciplines
- Growth potential with an established engineering company with
nearly 20 years of design excellence
- Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
- Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
- Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: Andrews Cooper, Redmond , Design Validation Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!