Control Engineering Tech
Company: Terex Corporation
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Job Description:Controls Engineering Tech - MTSThe Manufacturing
Technical Services (MTS) group is responsible for developing and
transferring cutting edge manufacturing processes as part of the
company's manufacturing footprint strategy and bring these
processes to fruition. MTS is also a key component of advancing AWP
manufacturing capability. This includes automation, digital
transformation, robotics, and AGV's.Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing digital operations and industrial
controls to support facility and product line startups as a member
of the Manufacturing Technical Services team.
- Review Engineering drawings in preparation for control panel
- Build Industrial control panels in accordance with UL508A
- Works closely with other MTS Automation team members to
understand digital implementation standards and methodologies for
development and implementation on an enterprise-wide level.
- Partner with the IT team working on digital operations and
facility network infrastructure.
- Be the technical link for the manufacturing execution system -
establishing connections between software, hardware, and digital
field devices across the company network according to cybersecurity
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve issues with industrial
controls associated with manufacturing equipment and processes
including PLC and HMI programming.
- Provide hands on support for field wiring including network
communication and controls.
- Understanding of IoT architecture, cloud-based data structure,
on-prem services and communication protocols.
- Assists IT and manufacturing team members to resolve network
and industrial controls issues from production.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall
objective of the position.QualificationsBasic Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in industrial controls, including
programming Allen Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix)
or similar PLC systems, and using communication protocols such as
ControlNet, Ethernet, MQTT, OPC UA and JSON.
- Hands on experience building industrial control panels to
- Ability to read and create electrical control schematics using
Solidworks Electrical, AutoCAD or similar
- Experience installing and start up of controls equipment to
include landing main power in control panel up to 480VAC and 24VDC
control power and feedback wiring
- Ability to travel up to 25%Preferred Qualifications
- Prior project or leadership experience preferred.
- Experience implementing machine safety controls.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, hardware, and
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation
for design and planning network communication systems.
- Experience with Python, C++, .Net and similar programming.
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Able to maintain and support
existing automated machines and control systems.
- Prior experience with manufacturing execution systems
- Ability to problem solve using statistical analysis and
critical thinking skills.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to prepare product
specifications, test, and process documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to convert engineering principles into
actionable project plans.
- Prior knowledge and practice with Lean Manufacturing,
Just-in-Time, and Total Quality Management.
- Ambulatory ability to walk and stand on a continuous basis; to
bend, stoop, and kneel on an intermittent basis; to lift medium
weight objects up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.The salary
range for this position is $32.70 - 35.00 USD Hourly. All eligible
Team Members will be offered health insurance (medical, dental,
vision, Rx), life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment
(AD&D), short-term and long-term disability, extended leave
options, paid time off, company holidays, 401k matching, employee
stock purchase plan, legal assistance, wellness programs, tuition
reimbursement and discount programs.
If you are interested in an open position but feel you may not meet
all the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to
apply.Terex Overview:At Terex,we fully embrace the increasingly
diverse world around us and strive to create an empowering and
welcoming workplace culture. We are a $4.0 billion publicly traded
global manufacturer of materials processing and aerial work
platform products and services. We are passionate about producing
equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world
and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the
opportunity to make an impact. While our operations are global,
each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value
diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect,
servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous
improvement. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding
manufacturing sector - come join us!Additional Information:We see
inclusion as a key to our success and are committed to actively
foster a culture where every team member feels valued, listened to,
and appreciated. We are committed to being fair and impartial in
our decisions, ensuring equity within our workplace.As an Equal
Opportunity Employer, employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
law.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you
are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or
apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You
can request reasonable accommodations by contacting the Recruiting
department (person or department) at The Company offers competitive
salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits,
including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.Terex
Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Keywords: Terex Corporation, Redmond , Control Engineering Tech, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!