Manager, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Company: Ossia Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Be on the forefront of a new ground-breaking technology: Cota
Real Wireless Power. Spearheaded by a team of highly experienced
business leaders and engineers, Ossia offers a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to take one of the most highly anticipated technologies
of our time to market. Countless devices across the globe will one
day have wireless power, instead of batteries or wires. You will be
on the leading edge creating the system for new and clean
technology that enables IoT (Internet of Things) devices. Our
employees are the key to our success, and we are fortunate to have
found some of the best and the brightest. There is not a more
inspiring team to work with and no better time than now! RoleOssia
Inc. is looking for a Manager of Mechanical Engineering who will
engage in all aspects of mechanical design and testing. This
position will set direction for mechanical engineering as well as
functioning as part of the mechanical engineering operations.
- Lead the mechanical engineering team, including two people
reporting, goal-setting and tracking.
- Function as a contributing team member of the mechanical
engineering department with self-assignment of mechanical
- Implement Arena software and oversee documentation control,
part number scheme, revision control.
- Work directly with senior management to set schedules and
expectations for long-range planning.
- Own the design/analysis of RF (radio frequency) electronics
enclosures, including thermal solutions and design for
manufacturing (DFM), simulation and test.
- Support the mechanical design of printed circuit board (PCB)
- Design test fixtures using inputs and requirements from the
design and test team.
- Source, vet and communicate directly with suppliers for custom
parts and assemblies.
- Assemble first article systems, check for fit, train
technicians in system assembly.
- Create and maintain bill of materials (BOM), fabrication and
assembly drawings for production (using geometric dimensioning and
tolerancing (GD&T)) and create customer-facing
- Communicate workflow priorities and needs to leadership team
and cross-functional collaborators.
- 10+ years of Mechanical Engineering design experience required;
consumer electronics industry environment preferred.
- 7+ years direct experience with CAD; Must be proficient in
- Experience in the mechanical design and manufacturing of
printed circuit board assemblies (knowledge of materials,
processes, interconnect technologies, RF shield design).
- Proven ability to work in rapidly changing environments with
minimal direction; experience working in a start-up is a plus.
- Experience with designing for low cost at mid- to high-volume
- Experience leading reliability, manufacturability, and assembly
- Experience designing parts for both additive and subtractive
manufacturing for low- and mid-volume (e.g., 3D printing, CNC
machining, urethane casting).
- Ability to support (domestic) on-site contract manufacturing
and remote international support.
- Experience designing and supporting injection-molded parts for
high-volume consumer electronics applications.
- Experience working with ordering and kitting parts for
- Proven ability to generate one's own requirements and document
assumptions to stay on schedule.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments,
can maintain a high level of quality under tight schedules.
- Ability to communicate clearly with people from diverse
cultures, experience levels and skillsets.
- Excellent organizational skills for documentation and ensuring
that all work and knowledge is captured for future use.
- Experience in creating, reviewing, and maintaining engineering
- Experience designing, simulating and testing thermal cooling
solutions. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with mechanical design of RF enclosures including
shielded housings (emissions, EMC).
- Hands-on experience with thermal simulation using computational
fluid dynamics (SolidWorks Flow).
- Experience with PDM administration, preferably SolidWorks
- Hands-on experience in machine shop environment with manual/CNC
machines, hand tools and power tools. Education Undergraduate
degree in Mechanical Engineering required, advanced degree a
plus.Ossia offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive insurance plans including a PPO or a partially
funded HSA option
- Ossia covers 90% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent
- Generous time off plan including a flexible PTO plan available
from your date of hire
- 401k and Roth Plans
- Stock option plans
- Free parking and flexible work environment
Keywords: Ossia Inc., Redmond , Manager, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...