Advanced Optical Fabrication (AOF) Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2021
As the Advanced Optical Fabrication Manager, you will be joining
the Display & Optics team that is responsible for the design,
development, and productization of the display systems in AR, VR,
and Portal family of products.
- Manage a growing team of optical process engineers with
specialties in lens fabrication, coating process development,
electro-optic devices, and optical device integration, working in a
matrix environment in support of the product teams. Primary scope
involves the development and road mapping of processes for
miniaturization of optical components, and/or improving optical
- Drive the team's charter and priorities through an
understanding of the strategic direction of the product teams, the
program deliverables, and own team's available resources.
- Develop the technology roadmaps for the AOF team through
investments in new areas, and through defining scope for
collaboration with key partners.
- Play an active part in assisting team members in developing
their plans and commitments to the product and program teams.
- Manage engineers at various levels in their careers. Provide
coaching, situational leadership, mentoring, and support.
- Manage cross-functional interfaces covering a relatively wide
range of optical processes in order to bring clarity to own team's
deliverables and projects.
- Manage budget, headcount growth, interviewing, and hiring.
- Master's degree or higher in Optical Engineering, Physics,
Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of people management experience of highly
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in an optics
- Proven technical skills in one of the fields the manager will
- Proven leadership skills with self-awareness,
- Role model for direct reports, experience coaching and setting
engineering rigor to how the team operates.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, and organizational
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and in early
stages of product development.
- Experience in display systems, particularly in AR, VR, MR.
- Experience in miniaturization of optical components.Facebook's
mission is to give people the power to build community and bring
the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services,
we're building a different kind of company that connects billions
of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters
most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're
creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach,
people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are
constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to
empower people around the world to build community and connect in
meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger
communities - we're just getting started.Facebook is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Redmond , Advanced Optical Fabrication (AOF) Manager, Executive , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!