Principal Software Engineer Manager
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: February 13, 2021
Save save Principal Software Engineer Manager to job cart
- Job number 936903
- Travel None
- Role type People Manager
- Employment type Full-Time Would you like to join one of the
fastest-growing team within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you
constantly customer-obsessed, and focused on enhancing customer
experience? Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the
challenge of solving the most complex problems to improve the
Microsoft customer experience? Are you empathetic, curious, and
enthusiastic about transferring your ideas into solutions for some
of the most challenging technical problems of our generation with a
belief that data driven processes lead to great products? With that
in mind here is your opportunity to join the Azure Global
Engineering team. We are a new team in the Azure C+E organization.
We leverage Data to drive new market entry and operating models to
support broad Azure expansion scenarios to new countries,
government, financial services, and other regulated industries.--
We are at the center of Microsoft Azure, providing a common
operational framework for cloud services and insight providers. We
own the platform and experiences for analyzing all kinds of
service-related data to provide actionable insights and
policy-based guidance for service metrics to meet organizational
targets and best practices across the spectrum of service
fundamentals like reliability, security, performance, privacy, COGS
etc. We deal with truly big data (PBs) from all Azure services, in
both streaming and batch mode, to extract insights and metrics.
Core to our mission is collecting the right data on a massive scale
and making it actionable. Building out computational logic on a
massive scale that processes tons of data will be a routine part of
the job. Responsibilities We are looking for a highly motivated and
talented Principal Engineering Manager who can think outside the
box, harness the huge amount and variety of service data we have
access to, and come up with innovative ideas for solutions and
actionable insights that make running world-class services easy.
You will work with a very talented set of software developers and
data scientists to deliver high visibility and high impact projects
that help drive Microsoft's goals.
- Help to define the technical direction of the team and drive
the actual architecture/design/implementations with special
emphasis on ensuring craftsmanship, quality, and performance
through sound engineering processes.
- Establish team rhythm of business and communication flows with
- Actively work with peers, partners, and teams across the world
to drive collaboration, planning, and technical direction.
- Develop and grow talents.
- Support learning and innovation.
- Support recruiting efforts and ensure we are bringing top
talents to the team. We celebrate team cultural values of being:
- Open to listening to and incorporating feedback, bringing
people together to brainstorm and communicate ideas.
- Customer-obsessed, both for the engineers relying on what
Inference team delivers and for our external customers.
- Support continual learning.
- Extensive writing and communication to support transparency
culture. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, EE or equivalent combination
of experience, work and/or education in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, and shipping
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering team of 4+
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent
interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong design, programming, and algorithm design skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of others. As a leader
in the team, you will be expected to mentor and manage others.
- Quick learner who thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Experience in Bigdata, machine leaning, data science is a big
- Prior experience with development in large low-latency
high-volume services, experience with service-oriented development
and cloud-based systems.
- Enjoy learning and ramping up on new technologies quickly.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request--via the--Accommodation request form . Benefits/perks
listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment
with Microsoft and the country where you work. Save save Principal
Software Engineer Manager to job cart This site is hosted for
Microsoft by Phenom People
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Principal Software Engineer Manager, Executive , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!