Research Scientist Manager, Steered Optics
Posted on: May 6, 2022
At Meta, Reality Labs (RL), our goal is to make great consumer
virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences that ship in five
to ten years. Come work alongside world leading scientists and
engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive
and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science
fiction real and change the world.
We are currently seeking a Research Scientist Manager that can
create optical systems that track and image to the eyes. We are
looking for an innovator and systems thinker that challenges
embedded assumptions to discover true solutions to complex
Research Scientist Manager, Steered Optics Responsibilities:
- Build an optical systems team that partners with computer
vision, machine learning, control sciences, eye-tracking and ME/EE
researchers build and test steered optical imaging systems.
- Create benchtop demonstration systems that combine real time
eye tracking and steered imaging system prototypes for system level
- Partner with perception scientists to develop deep scientific
understanding of eye tracked steered imaging system artifacts and
- Refine benchtop system performance to achieve minimal
- Develop system and component architectural options to compact
solutions towards head wearable form factors in VR and AR.
- Partner with component and subsystem teams to drive toward
- Explore external academic and commercial collaborations to
support the vision.
- 5+ years lab experience in optics/photonics research and
- 5+ years of experience managing people and complex
- Experience building and working with cross disciplinary
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture
- Creativity and quick problem solving capabilities.
- Presentation skills.
- Proven experience balancing theory and application at the
- Ph.D. in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- PhD with 10+ years lab experience, Masters with 15+ years
- Demonstrated understanding of perception.
- Knowledge of the physical structure and workings of the
- Experience with eye-tracking and steered imaging systems.
- 5+ years of experience with optics technologies with one or
more of the following: imaging, optical design, illumination,
physical optics, stray light analysis, radiometry, and
- 3+ years control theory and probabilistic filtering
- 5+ years experience in applied research or product development
of optics or photonic systems.
- 3+ years of experience with laboratory work in setting up of
optical systems and optical sensors.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as
demonstrated by product launches, grants, fellowships, patents, as
well as first-authored publications at top-tier journals or leading
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Redmond , Research Scientist Manager, Steered Optics, Executive , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!