Security Systems Project Manager
Company: LMC Consulting Group@Microsoft Corporate
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Security Systems Project Manager -(SPM)LMC Consulting Group is a
leading management consulting firm in the Pacific Northwest with
approximately 80 professionals. We are currently looking for a
Security Systems Project Manager to work within Microsoft's Real
Estate and Security Group to manage the design and installation of
new physical security system elements within Microsoft's corporate
locations.JOB SUMMARYSome of these Key Tasks:
- The SPM will work closely with the Security Systems Consultant
in their assigned region and will report directly to the Security
Systems Consultant, whom reports directly to the Americas Delivery
- The SPMs will be responsible for identifying local code
requirements, sate/country laws, ADA compliance, Fire Department
regulations, and typical International Building Code during project
design and implementation.
- The SPM shall have an advanced level of knowledge of Security
System Architecture of Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion Alarm
Detection, Intercom, and Emergency Assistance Station
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of IT
Infrastructure, DOS Commands, and Remote Desktop Connection.
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of Structured
Cabling Systems and Fiber Optic Cabling. *BICSI certifications
would be recommended, but not required
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of Electrical
Basics, including Ohm's Law, Power Load Calculations, and BTU
(British Thermal Unit), etc.
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of Construction
Projects, Job Safety Training, and is expected to assess site
conditions in various phases of construction to anticipate
Milestone of Security Systems installations
- The SPM shall be able to carry out regular Site Security
Systems Assessments and be able to develop a comprehensive SOW
(Scope of Work) and ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude)
- The Security Project Manager (SPM) will take ownership of all
aspects of Security Systems Projects' Life Cycles within their
- Security Project Life Cycles starts @ Inception of a project
Design, including being able to adequately produce and justify ROM,
work their way through the RFP (Request For Proposal), to Project
Kick Off Phase. The SPM will carry out RFP process and is expected
to scrutinize all vendor bids for accuracy, applicable product
discounts, and compliance with RFP Scope
- The SPM shall manage the Implementation Phase of a project,
including responding to RFI (Requests For Information) and
processing Change Order Requests
- The SPM is expected to proactively and responsibly manage
project FINANCING budget and is expected to keep project funding ON
- The SPM will manage all active project schedules and ensure
contracted Security Vendors' schedules align with GC's Master
- The SPM will see all projects through to the -Closeout Phase
-and is expected to be able to fill out Programming and
Commissioning sheets, develop and track Punch List Items through
completion. *Includes tracking of Record Documents (RDs) such as
Warranty Letters, Security Red Line Diagrams, and Final
- The SPM shall provide REMOTE Health Monitoring and
Troubleshooting support of the security systems and directly
support the Services Engineering Team (SET) with service-related
- The SPM will ensure that the project is delivered as per the
security consultant's APPROVED detailed scope of work.
- The SPM is responsible for technical commissioning and
completing a quality control audit of the new security system.
*Server configuration, RAID configuration, system programming, IP
address configuration and similar tasks are required.
- The SPM will review photographs and installation work onsite,
identifying deficiencies, documenting gaps and foreseeing future
issues based on past experience.
- The SPM is responsible for ensuring that the system completes a
signal acceptance review and is monitored within the required
timeline.Ideal qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a Security Project
Engineering/Technical Role - managing the deployment of physical
security systems (end user, integrator or other acceptable) -
-NOTE: Other similar experience will be considered.
- 5+ Year experience in the design and/or installation of
integrated electronic security systems, preferably gained in a
technical field engineering capacity.
- Subject matter expert in electronic physical security include
installation practices, electrical code, equipment selection,
equipment configuration and various codes.
- Experience with Lenel, Milestone, Genetec, Stentofon, and Bosch
Systems. *Certification on one or -all preferred, although not
- SIA CSPM, ASIS PSP, ASIS CPP, BICSI ESS, BICSI RCDD- -although
preferred, these qualifications are not requiredCompetencies:
- Well organized with an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
required for preparing clear, concise, grammatically correct
materials and communicating information effectively to others.
- Good understanding and experience of project management and
- Solid understanding of security operations, design, and systems
- Experience with multi-tasking and fast paced work
- Ability to prioritize workload is essential to ensure meeting
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly,
efficiently, and properly.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management
skills including directing & coordinating virtual teams to achieve
- Must be I.T literate and proficient.
- Must be proficient and familiar in the use of Microsoft Office
products. Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Must be proficient or willing to learn AutoCAD LT for creation
and manipulation of 2D security layout designs.Compensation:
- Salary $100k to $105k DOE
- 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance---**The successful
candidate must be located in Redmond WA and legally allowed to work
in the continental USA.
Keywords: LMC Consulting Group@Microsoft Corporate, Redmond , Security Systems Project Manager, Executive , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!