Audio and Acoustic Lab Manager
Company: Oculus Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The Audio Tech Team brings together world-class experts to
develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of
hardware, software, and content. We operate on aggressive, fixed
timelines to ship products at scale. Our products define new
categories that advance Meta's mission to give people the power to
build community and bring the world closer together.We seek an
Audio and Acoustic Lab Manager to join our Audio Experience Team.
In this role, you will maintain, track, and coordinate product and
prototype testing, and competitive benchmarking. You will manage
and train technical staff. You will work collaboratively across
software, hardware, and user experience teams. As part of a large
audio community across Meta, your test procedures and data
management will ensure easy data sharing across various teams.
Creating clear, easy to follow documentation and plans will form
consistency across product development teams and lab locations.
This creates a scalable ecosystem that supports company growth. The
goal within the labs is to enable game changing innovation by
providing both an automated environment that minimizes repetitive
testing and setup inefficiencies, and a safe environment for
Audio and Acoustic Lab Manager Responsibilities:
- Conduct product benchmarking, design validation, and data
collection, manage and train technicians on these tasks
- Manage consistent test, data collection, and reporting
procedures, contribute to development of automation and lead test
sequence design reviews
- Develop new test solutions and execute studies for audio
- Coordinate end-to-end system validation testing and data
collection aligned with product schedules
- Take care of lab bandwidth to support company growth,
communicate future needs, both equipment and resources, for
planning and budgeting
- Manage contractors and vendors to complete SOW projects, track
equipment setup and calibration
- Maintain upkeep and lab cleanliness
- Track team equipment checkout
- Support product and audio technology demo setup
- Effective communication, documentation, and presentation
- Familiar with Klippel diagnostics tools
- Project, team, or facility management experience
- Fluent with Audio Precision, Listen Inc Soundcheck, BK HATS,
oscilloscope, and multimeters
- Experience with scripting languages for audio (e.g. MATLAB,
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with audio hardware
- Experience with laser displacement and vibrometery measurement
- Experience in Acoustics and Consumer Audio EE
- Knowledge or interest in hearing science and psychoacoustics to
better understand testing results.
- Experience developing audio algorithm test and validation.
- Knowledge of Music or Speech Enhancement Audio algorithms.
- Experience with ITU, 3GPP, MS Teams, and other test standards
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus Inc, Redmond , Audio and Acoustic Lab Manager, Executive , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!