Manager, Sensor Systems
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Reality Labs (RL) Sensors Team at Meta is helping build novel
products in Augmented and Virtual Reality. Our team explores,
develops, and delivers new cutting-edge sensing technologies that
serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products at
Meta. We are looking for candidates with experience in sensing
algorithms to lead the development of novel hardware and software
systems within the RL Sensors Team, while collaborating with
experts across multiple domains.
Manager, Sensor Systems Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other managers, researchers and engineers
across both hardware and research teams at Meta on definition,
development, integration, and validation of sensing algorithms for
AR/VR systems and wearables.
- Lead a team of engineers to help design, setup, and run data
collection pipelines using sensors such as IMUs, Pressure Sensors,
Ultrasonic Transducers and Magnetometers.
- Own development of signal conditioning, sensor fusion, and
machine learning algorithms for sensing systems.
- Develop and manage the implementation of scalable software
infrastructure for edge devices.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
- 2+ years technical leadership experience directly contributing
to sensing algorithm development for edge devices.
- 5+ years software engineering experience in C++ and scripting
environments such as Python and/or MATLAB.
- Hands-on experience in developing sensing algorithms for
Inertial Sensors, Pressure Sensors, Magnetometers, Ultrasonic
Transducers, and/or similar sensors.
- Experience in at least one relevant specialization area
including Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), Visual
Inertial Odometry (VIO), Machine Learning, sensor fusion and state
- Familiarity with modern Machine Learning algorithms,
specifically Deep Convolutional Networks, Recurrent Neural
Networks, Clustering, and Dimensionality Reduction.
- Demonstrated willingness to work effectively in a highly
cross-functional team environment.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or
- Demonstrated experience in signal conditioning, digital
filtering, signal-to-noise ratio analysis, link-budget analysis,
detection and estimation theory.
- Familiarity with modern machine learning platforms such as
PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a highly
cross-functional team environment.
- Familiarity with the emerging Augmented Reality and Virtual
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving skills.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org Jobble
Keywords: Meta, Redmond , Manager, Sensor Systems, Executive , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!