Category Manager, Merchandized licensing
Company: Nintendo of America Inc.
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment,
Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets
hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch system and the
Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it
launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold
billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units
globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of
systems, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
family of systems, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii,
and Wii U systems. It has also created industry icons that have
become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong,
Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of
America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for
Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about
Nintendo, please visit the company's website at .
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and
inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the
diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home.
We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Management of all aspects of the merchandise licensing business
for assigned categories
- Identifies potential partnerships with top consumer products
- Sources new trends and product innovation to drive business
opportunities and increase market share.
- Evaluates competitive landscape for category, brand and age
segmentation while identifying gaps and opportunities across all
lines of business.
- Monitors commitments for partner companies quarterly and tracks
compliance with contract terms.
- Acts as a liaison with licensees and internal departments to
support licensee sales efforts, including marketing, brand
assurance, retail business development, and public
- Lead development of global pitch materials for licensees and
- Partner with Nintendo Japan and developers to define direction
for CP licensing and commercialization
- Present to licensees and retailers as required.
- Provides leadership and vision to artwork approval
- Manages projects with diverse scopes, ensuring critical
information is communicated timely to meet production
- Develops and maintains relationship with our licensing partners
and internal stakeholders
- Interacts with licensees top management
- Evaluates requests for license and/or contract renewals and
makes recommendations to management and the NCL licensing
- Oversees the negotiation and execution of licensee
- Researches information relating to product categories and makes
recommendations to management on the applicability of Nintendo's
portfolio to such category
- Directs international agency representatives to establish and
maintain a consistent brand presence on a worldwide scale
- Provides on-going oversight of business relationship with
current partners including financial and royalty reporting and
payments, escalation and resolution of issues and concerns, and
matters of contractual enforcement and interpretation
- Oversees internal analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and
develops strategy for building awareness
- Provides quarterly reports including projections, retail
placement, royalties and category growth
- Lead discussions with internal marketing partners (PR, Sales,
Channel Marketing, Merchandising, DCC, etc.) to integrate licensed
merchandise into programs that drive awareness for the Nintendo
- Updates licensees regarding software and hardware releases and
assists with planning
- Drives Continuous Process Improvements activities, to optimize
systems and processes, to increase productivity
- Manages day to day relationship with licensees
- Manages a product category or categories and licensing
relationship to meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Analyzes and understands market trends, consumer and retailer
and industry needs. Identifies new product opportunities.
- Manages licensees for assigned categories, which includes
contract negotiation, resolving issues, and promotion/advertising
- Liaises with international teams on product strategy for global
- Set-up and lead licensees business reviews
- In conjunction with Nintendo development partners, communicate
new product initiatives and strategies to licensees
- Prepares comprehensive / compelling presentations and present
to retail/customers as needed
- Manage and develops submission approval team
- Perform all functions of "Contract Owner" for a selection of
- Makes recommendations regarding report formats, processes, and
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Five to seven years of industry related experience
- Program and Account Management experience preferred
- Experience in market analysis and research, retail management,
brand/product development and consumer products marketing
- Sales and marketing background preferred
- Familiarity with licensing structure or previous relations with
- Management and leadership skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
This position includes a base salary range of $111,835 - $167,753
annually, potential for a semi-annual discretionary performance
bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical,
dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off. Please see our for more
benefits information. Fixed term employees are eligible for all
listed employee benefits except tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Nintendo of America Inc., Redmond , Category Manager, Merchandized licensing, Executive , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...