Electrical Engineer, Facebook Reality Labs
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: January 9, 2022
At Facebook Reality Labs we aim to bring together the brightest
cross-disciplinary minds in one place to deliver our mission: build
tools that help people feel connected, anytime, anywhere. As an
Electrical Engineer on the VR, AR, Portal, or a New Technology
Team, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems
for future consumer experiences within Facebook's Family of
Products. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts
through fast iterative prototyping. You will work
cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change
depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical,
optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people
who work well in teams, can take a board definition and implement
with electrical schematic and layout, and can transition these
designs into a high-volume consumer product.We're looking for
system or board level Electrical Engineers with experience in high
volume consumer products. These systems will have custom ASICs,
microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs from simple to large,
displays, audio, camera sensors, and high speed I/O. Familiarity
with CAD tools like Cadence OrCAD, Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or
Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable
designing mixed high-speed digital circuit boards, be experienced
troubleshooting at the board and system level, and be familiar with
the consumer product development process.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical
systems in experiments which combine mechanics, optics, and
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling,
testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electro-mechanical
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom
- Incubating new technologies into high volume production.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Working independently and managing priorities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or
- Experience with schematic and board design using Cadence OrCAD,
Altium or equivalent.
- Experience with use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test
equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Experience working with one of these technologies: digital
signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering,
camera modules, mobile SoC and PMIC, or Battery Management
- Experience with high speed signaling over DP, MIPI, HDMI, and
- Experience with IMUs/sensor physical sensor systems with an
understanding of calibration methods.
- Experience with vision systems.
- Experience with audio.
- Experience programming in languages like Python or C/C++.
- Experience with circuit design in high speed circuits,
Verilog/FPGAs, microcontrollers, microprocessors, firmware, and
programmable logic based development.
- Consumer Electronics experience and/or working within a mass
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook App, Redmond , Electrical Engineer, Facebook Reality Labs, Healthcare , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!