Firmware Engineering Manager, Facebook Reality Labs
Posted on: January 12, 2022
As a Firmware Engineering Manager at Facebook Reality Labs
(FRL), you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams
developing platforms for Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR).
Firmware for AR/VR systems spans multiple target classes, requires
deep collaboration across engineering disciplines and the full
software stack (from content to RTL), and directly impacts user
immersion. You'll guide architecture and delivery of highly
performant and reliable firmware across multiple platforms and
product lines. The ideal candidate will have deep embedded system
technical knowledge along with a focus on building top teams who
deliver great consumer products focused on incredible customer
- Build and lead teams to deliver firmware and software for
- Develop firmware for consumer devices requiring wireless and
wired communication, haptic devices, audio systems, novel display
and sensor systems, sensor fusion, signal processing, power
management, circuit monitoring/self-test, and precise
- Collaborate across computer vision, silicon design, user
experience, and hardware teams to define embedded system
architectures for AR/VR hardware.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members
and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment
based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and
- Build tools and architectures to support technology
experimentation across the company.
- Drive customer experience, collaborating across the full
technology stack, continually raising the bar on functionality,
usability, and simplicity.
- Build software development processes that allow for rapid
development and experimentation while maintaining a high quality
- Understand and drive implementation of FW/SW development
practices across teams and projects.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related
- Technical leadership experience in C/C++ development targeting
ARM processors and SoCs.
- 5+ years of experience managing the technical development of
firmware/software and 5+ years of experience on firmware
- Experience leading a product through the complete
Firmware/Software life-cycle, consisting of architecture,
development, test, productization, bug fixes and deployment.
- Experience shipping embedded firmware in a consumer
- Experience in handling priorities and collaborating across an
- Experience with processes enabling delivery of quality products
to end customers.
- Hands-on coding experience with peripherals such as USB, SPI,
MIPI CSI/DSI, I2C, UART, GPIO etc.
- Experience in protocol implementations such as USB device
classes (UVC, UAC, HID).
- Experience with embedded DSP and CPU architectures.
- Experience with EDA design tools and instruction set
- Hands-on experience with FPGA and vendor specific hardware
- Experience in real-time processing for computer vision and user
interaction tasks, high-compute/throughput systems and using
simulation and modeling technique to estimate performance and
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Redmond , Firmware Engineering Manager, Facebook Reality Labs, Healthcare , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!