Test Engineer, Facebook Reality Labs
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Meta is the world leader in the design of virtual and augmented
reality systems. Come work alongside expert engineers and research
scientists to create the technology that makes AR and VR pervasive
and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science
fiction real and change the world. As a member of the AR Hardware -
Software/Firmware Test Team, you will use your knowledge of test,
software and embedded systems, a passion for working on new
hardware, and strong technical skills to deliver future products
and prototypes.You should be comfortable working with a wide
variety of hardware devices, working with a team to rapidly deliver
reliable high-performance software and firmware. Firmware for AR/VR
systems spans multiple target classes, requiring deep collaboration
across engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, optical,
firmware and software) and directly impacting user immersion. We're
looking for people who quickly solve problems, generate big ideas,
work in new technology areas, drive concepts into prototypes, and
envision how those prototypes scale and transition to high-volume
consumer products. In this role, you are expected to participate in
the definition of architecture and implementation of both
prototypes and shipping consumer products as well as demonstrate
good development practices and seamless collaboration.
Test Engineer, Facebook Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Participate in testbed architecture definition in coordination
with cross-functional teams in order to streamline system testing,
bring-up, and integration activities.
- End-to-end software/firmware test infrastructure development to
support testing of power-management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS
and/or bare-metal implementations, and host tools.
- Participate with the team on testing approach and ensure test
coverage across a wide range of technologies and areas -- including
unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and regression
- Review software, firmware, hardware, and IP architectures to
ensure testability and evaluate integration risk.
- Lead testbed architecture definition in coordination with
cross-functional teams in order to streamline system testing,
bring-up, and integration activities.
- Build roadmaps and plans to meet prototype and product testing
- Develop software and related tools to automate testing of a
large variety of devices and interfaces from host side tools to
low-level embedded systems.
- Support all phases of development - including early
architecture requirements definition for custom silicon, firmware
architecture, implementation, simulation, FPGA debug, chip bring-up
and support systems and software teams.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or
- 2+ years of software and test experience with at experience
related to embedded systems
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems and diagnostic
equipment, such as oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, and power
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies including
- Proficient Python programming
- Experience providing clear communications and work well with
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with integration and testing for a complex
- Experience with low level operating systems, RTOS, UBOOT, or
other bare-metal programming
- Experience coding with peripherals such as UART, SPI, CSI-2,
i2c, GPIO, USB, PCIE
- Experience in real-time processing for computer vision and user
interaction tasks, high-compute/throughput systems
- Experience with FPGA and hardware evaluation boards, EDA design
tools, and/or ISA simulators
- Experience with C/C++ for embedded systems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Redmond , Test Engineer, Facebook Reality Labs, Healthcare , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!