Dental Assistant II
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Dental Assistant II - ***$1,000.00 Signing Bonus***
Would you like to have a career that makes a daily difference in
people's lives? Do you want to be part of a caring, respectful,
diverse community? If you answered yes to these questions, keep
reading!HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and
community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated
to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it,
regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the
quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you
make, what language you speak or what your health is, because
everyone deserves great care.Position Summary:Dental Assistant II
is responsible for patient preparation, chair side support to
dental providers, dental hygienist, sterilization and clinic flow.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Greet and prepare patients for exams by identifying patient's
chief complaint and taking vitals.
- Access and update patient information in Electronic Dental
Record (EDR) and Electronic Practice Management (EPM) computer
system as required.
- Provide chair side assistance to dental providers with exams
and procedures including, but not limited to, prophylaxis, root
canals, restorative, crowns and bridges.
- Perform digital imaging, prophylaxis, sealants, provide
telephone refilling of medications. Record medication refills in
- Provide instructions to patients on the use of medications as
directed by the provider.
- Provide instruction in home care and give general health
information as directed by a provider.
- Sterilize used equipment, instruments and operatories following
OSHA, WISHA guidelines. Prepare and stock operatories at the start
and throughout each day.
- Act as liaison between receptionists and providers ensuring
timely and orderly patient flow throughout the clinic.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient medical/dental records,
financial, and personal information.
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled
shift is a condition of employment.
- Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior
that supports a team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals
of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to
integrate values of integrity, wisdom, creativity, cooperation,
responsibility and respect into appropriate programs and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings and participate in
agency committees and task force activities as required.Must have's
you'll need to be successful:
- Certificate from a Dental Assistant program and/or 1 to 2 years
of related dental experience.
- Maintain current registration/licensure with the State of
- Possesses basic operating knowledge of computers. Beginning
level of Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Recent experience with an electronic dental record (EDR) and
electronic practice management application strongly desired.Proof
of immunizations and/or immunity to: COVID-19, MMR (measles, mumps,
and rubella), Varicella, Annual Influenza, and TB are required for
all employees. Additionally, if you work in a HealthPoint clinic,
Tdap (within last 10 years) is required. Hepatitis B. is required
for clinical employees with potential exposure to blood/blood
products. All immunizations are a condition of employment. Upon
hire, employees must provide proof of their immunizations and/or
immunity prior to starting or no later than their fifth (5)
business day of employment.Where to gather your records:
- If you received immunizations in Washington, Arizona,
Louisiana, Maryland or West Virginia, you may visit
http://wa.myir.net to create an account and retain proof of your
medical records for the immunity/immunization requirements.
- If records do not show any data, please seek guidance from your
provider for further assistance.HealthPoint is committed to
offering all employees a competitive compensation, benefits and
several other perks.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous PTO Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity Time Off (extended time off for staff to invest in
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Voluntary plans at a discount, such as life insurance and
identity theft insurance
- Third Party Perks Discounted Movie Tickets, Travel, Hotels, and
- Growth OpportunitiesTo learn more about HealthPoint, go to
www.healthpointchc.org! #practiceyourpassionIt is the policy of
HealthPoint to afford equal opportunity for employment to all
individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, national origin, marital status, military status,
sexual orientation, because of sensory, physical, or mental
disability, genetic information, gender identity or any other
factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to prohibit
harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
Keywords: HealthPoint, Redmond , Dental Assistant II, Healthcare , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!