RN - Home Health Visiting Nurse 32 hrs/week - Willing to Train! Redmond WA
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 13, 2022
SIGN-ON BONUS OF $10,000 APPLIES TO ELIGIBLE EXTERNAL HIRES!
Provides comprehensive skilled nursing care and services to
patients in the home setting. Works on an interdisciplinary team to
provide care in the home health, palliative care and hospice
programs. Accountable for the assessment, development of plan of
care, education and consultation related to pain and symptom
management as well as adjustment to changes in health status. Plans
for the return of patient care to primary Health Care providers as
- Communicates and collaborates with other interdisplinary team
members and with the patient family in planning and implementing
care. Records accurate and pertinent data in the electronic medical
record in a timely manner, according to documentation guidelines.
Adheres to KFHPW infection control, safety, hazardous waste,
universal precautions, and CPR standards.
- Provides nursing interventions requiring substantial and
specialized nursing skill, and initiates appropriate preventive and
rehabilitative nursing procedures. Follows through the plan of care
as developed to: provide appropriate instruction to
patient/caregiver about health care, disease management and
adjustment to illness; direct and supervise the care and services
of LPN and HHA in the home setting; perform treatments; instruct
patients/families in self care activities and home safety; and
competently perform skills/tasks per plan of care. This includes
pain and symptom management in the home. Performs skilled
procedures to include injections, dressings, catheter insertion and
care, colostomy and trachiotomy, central line IVcareand blood
draws. Identifies educational needs. Instructs patient according to
the plan of care. Provides care and case management with
- Identifies own learning needs, including those related to
age-specific populations and participates in educational efforts to
meet those needs. Participates in the following: staff orientation;
self and colleague/team performance reviews; and activities related
to quality care and cost saving measures. Adheres to KFHPW
personnel policies and maintains a high standard of professional
work habits. Demonstrates an appearance consistent with KFHPW dress
- Assesses patient need for care and communicates with other
health care providers appropriately and in a timely manner.
Collects data relevant to visit throughout the duration of care.
Develops and initiates the plan of care based on assessment.
Communicates and collaborates with medical doctor(s) to establish
plan of care.
- Evaluates patient response to care through timely assessment,
communication and observation. Modifies plan of care through
assessement based upon patient and care systems response.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as Registered Nurse in
medical surgical, home health or hospice.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Driver's License (Washington) required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Proof of automobile insurance.
- Demonstrated experience providing care planning within a
community setting (continuum of care).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to transfer/position patients as needs
- Basic laptop skills including MS Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Horizon for home care system experience.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or a related health care field.
PrimaryLocation : Washington,Redmond,Redmond Medical Center
HoursPerWeek : 32
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon-Fri w/ rotating weekends
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 04:30 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : J01-SEIU-SEIU RN/ANRP
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Redmond Medical Center - Home Health - Int -
Gennursing - 1130
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Redmond , RN - Home Health Visiting Nurse 32 hrs/week - Willing to Train! Redmond WA, Healthcare , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!