Posted on: May 24, 2023
THIS JOB IS PACKAGING ORDERS, NOT PATIENT FACING, MUST BE ABLE
TO STAND THE WHOLE SHIFT, AND SOMETIMES LIFT UP TO 50LBS.CURRENT
HOURS ARE (11:00AM-7:30PM) AND CURRENT SCHEDULED WORKS DAYS ARE
SUNDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, AND FRIDAY, BOTH ARE SUBJECT TO
CHANGE. -Job Summary:Pharmacy assistants provide support to the
pharmacists and technicians by stocking, counting and other
non-technical duties. May also dispense safe, effective medications
to patients, prescription packaging and parcel management. Duties
are performed under the direct supervision of a licensed
- Performs functions that support the pharmacists and technicians
in the daily workflow of the pharmacy including prepackaging and
labeling medications; stocking shelves; counting and pouring
medications from stock bottles that have been pulled by licensed or
certified staff; filing prescriptions; inventory functions;
releasing refill medications and OTC products to patients;
processing requests for refills when no changes are needed;
handling non-professional phone calls including refill requests
from patients; calling prescribers to obtain refill authorization,
and prescription packaging and parcel management.
- Ensures patient safety by identifying opportunities to prevent
unusual occurrences; consistently performing safety checks when
dispensing medications; and taking appropriate steps to resolve and
report unusual occurrences.
- Demonstrates dedication to evidence-based medicine by staying
current on clinical initiatives and priorities.
- Supports and enhances Patient-centered Care efforts by
facilitating patient-focused care through a collaborative team
approach with patients, pharmacy staff, and other health care
professionals. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A. Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy Assistant License (Washington) required at hire
- Ability to use available resources and tools efficiently and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify specified issues and bring to attention of
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- May be required to travel to other Kaiser Foundation Health
Plan of Washington locations as needed. Preferred
- Experience in a pharmacy environment.
- Knowledge of managed care health systems and evidence-based
- One (1) year of experience working in a customer service
- Some college coursework.PrimaryLocation :
Washington,Renton,Renton Administration - AdamsHoursPerWeek :
32Shift : VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat,
SunWorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PMJob
Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : J07-UFCW-UFCW PharmacyJob
Level : Individual ContributorJob Category : PharmacyDepartment :
Renton Admin Adam - Central Refill Center - 1130Travel : NoKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Redmond , Pharmacy Assistant, Healthcare , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...