Director, Human Resources
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Director, Human Resources
Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community,
connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps
and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay
helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime,
We recently announced the exciting news of Pushpay and Church
Community Builder merging together to deliver a best-in-class fully
integrated church management system (ChMS), custom community app,
and giving solutions for organizations in the US faith sector.The
combination of our two companies gives us complimentary world class
solutions for our customers and aligns strongly with Pushpay's core
strategy of providing innovative, market-leading solutions for
In this critical, highly visible role, you will redefine and lead
the US HR function out of our Redmond, Washington office to align
with Pushpay's current strategic objectives. As an integral part of
the People leadership team, you'll need to understand every aspect
of the business and be a leader with vision on people and
organizational topics as we strategically scale our business
operations. The Human Resources Director will run the US People
teams located in Redmond and Colorado Springs and work closely with
our HR team located in Auckland, New Zealand. This role will
partner with our business leaders and managers to develop our
people across the business and ensure the people implications of
our business strategy are understood and developed.
We are committed to the following success core values which embody
our culture and how we work together: People Come First,
Generosity, Simplicity, Innovation, and Excellence.
A typical day may include the following---
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with senior leaders to
offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related
strategy and execution to ensure a high-performing, engaged
- Partner with leaders to ensure Pushpay continues to provide an
inclusive work environment and ensures diversity through our
Employee Resource Groups, and hiring and internal career
- Analyze and present relevant HR metrics and insights into the
business to drive the focus and execution of strategy.
- Support the business with organizational change and
development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational
design issues where required for business success.
- Work with managers and employees to address employee relations
issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Collaborate with other People team functions in the development
and implementation of People programs.
- Hire, lead and manage a team of HR Business Partners.
- Provide strategic business partnership; focus on performance
management, leadership development, and conflict
- Guide company on various employment policies and processes to
ensure appropriate legal compliance (EEO, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, Workers'
Compensation, COBRA, etc.)
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably
within fast-growing technology startups
- 5+ years of experience managing people
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HR or equivalent combination
of degree and experience
- Experience administering full employee lifecycle from hire to
separation; performance management, leaves of absence, immigration,
- Experience with compensation, stock option, and benefits plan
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of compliance issues -
federal/state employment law, policies, and procedures
- Strong service orientation with a commitment to providing an
excellent employee experience
- Approachable, empathetic person with sound judgment and
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, relationship
building, advising, and teamwork
- Sensitive to and proactively works toward the cultural
diversity of employees
- Highly organized, adaptable, able to flourish in a fast-paced
- Prefered current PHR/SHRM-CP certification
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually
and collectively. You dare to propose solutions others are
reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance, and advocate
for the best interests of the organization.
- Significant experience in handling sensitive employee relations
matters with tact and diplomacy. Proficient in HR compliance,
legislation, and best practice.
- Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust
with a diverse and remote employee base
- Analytically driven, you are experienced utilizing qualitative
and quantitative approaches to problem-solving and root cause
analysis. Strong aptitude to translate metrics and data insights
into actionable strategy.
- A passion for innovative HR solutions and process
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
Highly collaborative style and desire to work as a team with a
- Experience in hiring, managing, and developing employees for
performance and growth.
- Proficient with HR Technology, systems and reporting. ADP HRIS
Keywords: PushPay, Redmond , Director, Human Resources, Human Resources , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!