Posted on: January 9, 2022
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONWe hand-blow glass with color and light
for people who love to give kindness. glassybaby began in 2001,
when Lee Rhodes dropped a candle into a colored glass votive after
being sick from cancer. The calming light gave her peace, and a
flicker of hope. This hope helped her to heal, and inspired a
mission and business devoted to providing the same hope and healing
to people, animals and the planet. glassybaby values Giving The
reason glassybaby exists is to give. Family We are a community of
kindness. everyone is welcome. just bring a story. Downright
Uplifting Each votive with a motive is to lift spirits and spread
hope. Sustainability Our handblown glass products are made from the
earth, and we are committed to protecting it. We love dogs Dogs
don't judge, and neither do we, for goodness sakeCATEGORY Human
ResourcesPOSITION Payroll/Benefit Administrator
DescriptionJob Title: Payroll/Benefit Administrator Salary Range:
$68,000-$78,000 Location: Redmond WA Job Description: We are
seeking a dynamic, professional Payroll and Benefit Administrator
to manage payroll and all benefit needs of glassybaby. The position
will report to the Human Resources Manager and requires high level
of confidentiality. The successful candidate must be responsive on
urgent matters to all employees and ensure accurate process of
payroll and benefits. Strong analytical, problem-solving,
multitasking is a must. Provide great customer service to external
and internal customers along with the ability to drive company
initiatives with strong business acumen, ethics, and judgment.
Ability to balance competing priorities and adjust readily to meet
evolving needs and processes. Glassybaby headquarters is located in
Redmond WA and has multistate operations. Overview of
responsibilities and major areas are: Payroll
- Manage and process payroll including implementing and
maintaining payroll best practices to improve efficiency.
- Provide payroll reporting for management analysis.
- Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
- Answer employee questions related to payroll and benefits.
- Utilizes HRIS to the company's recordkeeping, onboarding,
benefit enrollment and analytics.
- Develop and document tools, practices, and processes relating
to payroll reporting.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and sensitivity to information
pertaining to employees and/or company information.
- Oversee compliance such as leave inquires (FMLA, PFMLA, EEOC,
- Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with
federal, state regulations related to payroll.Benefits
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments
- Coordinates and conduct new employees onboarding process and
present benefits presentation to ensure employees gain an
understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources
policies, procedures and programs.
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures
filings are performed as required.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to
communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper
- Plans and administers annual open enrollment period. This
includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials,
conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging
for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for
accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves
discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Administers online COBRA enrollments/changes and responds to
and manages unemployment claims and workers compensation
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience processing payroll
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to
- A solid understanding of the key principles of employment
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations including
during disciplinary hearings or staff conflicts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking and HRIS systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- SHRM designation preferred Core Competencies Include
- Risk Management
- Training and Development
- Total Rewards
- Be able to work with minimum supervision, self-prioritize and
organize, proactive but know when to make supervisor aware of
problems (i.e. good judgement)
- Able to work under both distracting and remote conditions. Able
to work on-site, sometimes without onsite supervision, sometimes
with frequent employee interruptions. Knowledge, Skills, and
Abilities: Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
Frequent sitting and standing and occasional walking. Must be able
to speak and hear well enough to conduct conversations. Vision
abilities including close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able
to work in an environment where noise level is usually moderate.
Regular use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able to
reach with hands and arms. glassybaby offers a generous range of
- 401k including personal financial consulting
- Medical, dental, vision
- Employer paid life insurance
- Voluntary additional life insurance
- Short term disability
- Supplemental health care policies
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Pet insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Employee advantage discount program (savings of hundreds of
naturally recognized outlets including travel, lodging,
entertainment, shopping, shows, car rental and more)
- Employee Assistance Program (counseling and referrals on
everything from financial to mental health needs)
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-TimeEXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-ExemptNUMBER OF
OPENINGS 1LOCATION Redmond
EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Glassybaby, Redmond , Payroll/Benefit Administrator, Human Resources , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!