Python Hardware Automation Engineer
Company: Fresh Consulting
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and
hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services
to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers,
sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch
engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect
humans, systems, and machines. Weve been growing fast and need
someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality
work in a fast-paced environment. See more at
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across
Title: Hardware Automation Engineer
Duration: Project - Long-Term Vendor Role
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday
Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
- The candidate must be an experienced and highly motivated HW
Automation Engineer with advanced Python skills.
- Work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to
create the technologies that will make AR and VR pervasive and
universal. As an Automation Engineer, you will bring together
hardware and software systems and develop methodologies for state
of the art electronic systems and research prototypes.
- You will be on a team responsible for planning, development,
bring-up, and troubleshooting of innovative hardware systems,
custom software solutions and highly sophisticated tools.
- Work with cross functional groups (Hardware Engineering,
Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering,
Research Scientists) to understand design and integration
requirements and implement workable solutions.
- Develop reusable Python code libraries for communicating with
the test instrumentation that is used throughout the company.
- Refine existing Python code and help get the team integrated
with the source control and build system.
- Implement novel solutions to automate experiments for the
research teams. This may include custom test scripts, algorithm
development, GUI development, calibration routines, etc.
- Develop plans, procedures, debug guides and validation reports
for the systems that you work on.
- Evaluate test results, identify trends, ensure adequate test
coverage and system stability
- Participate in electrical and/or software design reviews
- Clearly communicate implementation plans and results
- 5+ years experience as a HW/Automation Test Engineer.
- Strong fundamentals in programming concepts
- High competency in Python
- Understanding of common unit test modalities and source control
- Familiarity with VISA, SCPI and other common communication
protocols used by test equipment
- LabVIEW competency is a plus
- Experience in HW or control systems automation
- Understanding of concurrency, race conditions, and
- Understanding of basic electrical concepts and common bus
protocols (I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Familiarity with electrical test methodologies and test
Education: MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Were a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers,
and developers united together in creating a fresh experience.
Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing,
our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your
impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the
process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business,
understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into
memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for
Benefits- Employee benefits at 100% including PTO, holiday pay,
401K Plan and much more!
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender
identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable
accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law.
Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant
with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
- Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Fresh Consulting, Redmond , Python Hardware Automation Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!