Software Engineer-Remote, MCG HTML5 Games
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Software Engineer - Remote, MCG HTML5 GamesThe Microsoft Casual
Games Studio is a small but growing team that is focused on
delivering the best casual games for mobile, the web, and Windows.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer - Remote, MCG HTML5 Games
to join us and develop ResponsibilitiesResponsibilitiesWe have big
ambitions for the future of gaming on the web and are looking for a
great HTML5 gaming software engineer to join us. You will be
responsible for the development of new features, as well as ongoing
support and maintenance, in support of new and existing web games,
both single and multiplayer. A significant amount of development
will involve extensive coordination with external and internal
partners integrating with and working on our games. -Because we are
a small team, we are looking for individuals that can do more than
just "write code." We want self-motivated individuals that are
excited to dream, design, code and support great new features in
the world of online casual games.As a member of the Microsoft
Casual Games Team you will:
- Work with other disciplines to assist them in developing
feature roadmaps aligned to customer needs.
- Develop implementation plans for new experiences, according to
functional requirements and feature specifications.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to design
solutions to support gameplay features.
- Consult on a regular basis with project leadership to align
expectations and deliverables.
- Fluidly multitask between features, platforms, and
projects.QualificationsQualifications and skills
- We are a fully remote studio with team members all over the
United States. You can move to Redmond if you'd like to work with
some of the team in the office, but it's entirely up to you.
- 4+ years experience in software game client development, for
HTML5 or similar platforms.
- Familiarity with common web game frameworks, particularly
- A passion for games and gaming, specifically casual games.
- Strongly motivated and excited by working on a small nimble
team, with the ability to work both independently and in
conjunction with other team members.
- BS in Computer Science or similar alternative educational
paths, or equivalent experience.Bonus Qualifications:
- Familiarity with common web development frameworks,
- Experience interacting with external APIs and web
- Experience building customer-facing web apps.
- Experience deploying and managing web-based applications with
- Experience with Azure DevOps.Microsoft is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or
medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, national origin,
physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected
veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
laws, regulations and ordinances. - We also consider qualified
applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable
accommodation due to a disability during the application or the
recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation
request form.Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the
nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you
Keywords: PowerToFly, Redmond , Software Engineer-Remote, MCG HTML5 Games, IT / Software / Systems , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!