Software Engineer - Embedded (BSP)
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Reality Labs at Meta is building products that make it easier
for people to connect with the ones they love most, enjoy top notch
wire-free VR, and push the future of computing platforms. We are a
team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the
intersection of hardware, software and content.Reality Labs team is
seeking Embedded Software Engineers with strong design and build
skills, experience with low-level systems software and device
driver programming and experience with shipping hardware/software
products. This person will be an integral member of the team,
responsible for embedded software design and optimization. This
person will also be involved in developing a solid platform while
working on a variety of domains to enable new experiences for
augmented reality, virtual reality and social/family products.
Software Engineer - Embedded (BSP) Responsibilities:
- Design and implement components at all layers of the system,
e.g. kernel, synchronization primitives, resource allocators,
memory management, security, I/O systems, persistence, etc.
- Design and implement drivers and services that operate
efficiently in a constrained environment yet when pressed can
efficiently deliver large volumes of data with low-latency and
- Own the definition of one or more work streams focused on
hardware bringup, peripheral drivers and communication, silicon
integration and power and performance management and
- Debug complex, system-level, multi-component issues that
typically span across multiple layers from kernel to
- Profile performance problems and drive optimizations that span
the entire software stack.
- Bring up new devices and lead debugging and performance tuning
exercises that span multiple hardware/firmware/software teams.
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams,
lead the integration of those components into the unified product
code base, and drive their continued development.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical
- 6+ years' Software Engineering experience in the following:
device driver development, embedded systems, or operating
- 6+ years' experience working on systems software in a
large-scale C/C++ code base.
- 2+ years' experience defining and driving technical work
streams and providing technical leadership for software engineering
- Experience with Software Development processes including:
source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Experience in hardware bringup using interfaces like ADC, GPIO,
SPI, I2C, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: BSP/Board
Support Package, Operating Systems, Android OS, RTOS, Bootloader,
Power Management, Linux, Graphics and Display Drivers, MCU
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software
products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Deep specialized experience in two or more of the following
areas: BSP/Board Support Package, Operating Systems, CoreOS,
Kernel, Android Kernel, Bootloader, Power Management, RTOS, Linux,
Graphics and Display Drivers, MCU (Microcontroller).
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at .
Keywords: Meta, Redmond , Software Engineer - Embedded (BSP), IT / Software / Systems , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!