Enterprise Architect is responsible for defining, upholding, and
communicating the vision of the IT architecture and solutions that
support the business strategies. This individual provides
architectural leadership, consensus driven decision process,
technology, governance, risk management, process, and finance
expertise across a customer’s Business, to align the IT solutions
with the needs of the enterprise. In particular, they will
envision, guide, and support the delivery of new, often complex, IT
solutions. A Principal Architect’s skills and knowledge must span
multiple architecture domains (e.g. Application/solution
architecture, Technical/Infrastructure architecture,
Information/Data Architecture & Business Architecture) to ensure
reference grade solutions. Working across a broad span of customer
stakeholders, from C-Level to Developer, a Principal Architect is
expected to influence the organization and work independently while
acting as a mentor and role model. The use of models, strategic
thinking, engineering discipline, program and project management,
and advanced IT concepts are key characteristics of the Principal
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Alignment of IT strategy and planning with a customer’s
· Optimization of information management approaches through an
understanding of evolving business needs and technology
· Long-term strategic responsibility for a company's IT
· Promote the use of shared infrastructure and applications to
reduce costs and improve information flows.
· Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge
from each other and business and IT strategies.
· Work with solutions architect(s) to provide a consensus
based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in
synchronization with ever changing business needs.
· Management of the risks associated with information and IT
assets through appropriate standards and security policies.
· Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Science,
Information Technology or related field, or equivalent
· Seven to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines
(such as Application/solution architecture,
Technical/Infrastructure architecture, Information/Data
Architecture & Business Architecture) in a multitier environment —
or five years of experience in business analysis or business
· Knowledge of Enterprise Architect Discipline and
· Familiarity with basic information management practices.
· Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork,
facilitation and negotiation.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Excellent analytical and technical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise
· Knowledge of business re-engineering principals and
· Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
· Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools
and model repositories.
· Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and
how to navigate the politics.
· Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and
short-term implications of individual decisions.
· Ability to translate business needs into EA requirements.
· Ability to estimate the financial impact of EA
· Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
· At least 3 years of Customer-Facing Fortune 500 company
experience and/or companies with global presence.
· Demonstrable track record of successful innovation and
references to back it up.
· At least 2 years working in a global business model
· At least 4 years of cross cultural experience
· At least 3 years’ experience in each of two or more specific
technology and/or business disciplines. (e.g. Network Engineering,
Business Analyst, SW Engineer, IT Executive)