Video Game UX Designer
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Job Title: UX Designer We are looking for an exceptionally
talented user experience designer and Minecraft fan to help shape
the future of a game loved by millions. If you love Minecraft, know
its detailed systems inside and out, and are versed in a wide
variety of different game types, platforms, and input methods, this
job may be for you.Responsibilities
- Convert goals and requirements into viable shippable solutions
which follow and complement our UX strategy and design principles,
through appropriate UX design methodologies, such as wireframes,
user flows, and prototyping.
- Deliver high fidelity and high-quality UI screens that align
with the product's experience goals, usability and accessibility
- Present cohesive design approaches to non-design
- Understand player needs and motivations and integrate them into
UX design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Work with the development team to maintain quality as they
implement new features.
- Work with analytics, research, and user feedback to ensure that
the customer's desires are being fulfilled. Qualifications
- 3-5 years work related experience required.
- 2+ years UX design experience in console gaming with at least 1
development cycle in a design role on a shipped game.
- Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, iconography,
layout, typography, color theory).
- Excel at cross-functional communication and scoping designs to
fit a schedule.
- Experience creating digital prototypes in Figma, Adobe XD,
Sketch, Origami, or Marvel (the candidate will be required to use
Figma for this position).
- Previous working experience in cross-platform games and in-game
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence. Able to work by
yourself and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the Minecraft franchise including differences
between the PC, console, and mobile editions and the various modes
of play available in each. An exceptional candidate will have one
or more of the following:
- Experience designing applications for a global and multilingual
- Driving collaboration across multiple teams in different time
- Knowledge of Unity or Unreal engine UI systems for prototyping
purposes. EEO Employer Apex Systems is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or - provided by Dice
Keywords: Apex Systems, Redmond , Video Game UX Designer, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!