Executive Business Administrator
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Corporate, External, and Legal Affair's team is seeking an
experienced Executive Assistant to support Brad Smith, the
President of Microsoft. A successful candidate will be a
self-starter, thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be a
proven high-performer in a visible executive support role. This
role requires a knack to prioritize, be comfortable with ambiguity,
and handle multiple tasks simultaneously within a global and
You must be an exceptional communicator, have strong
interpersonal awareness, and be a frictionless partner - all while
helping to maintain and support the time management,
prioritization, and the objectives of the executive. You should be
able to easily accommodate diverse working styles and build
effective working relationships with a broad network of people at
all levels across the department and the company. To be successful,
you must be able to work under pressure, be comfortable with
ambiguity, and understand the decorum and formality required when
communicating and hosting high-level guests including government
officials. Attention to detail, strong organization skills, and the
ability to maintain confidentiality is paramount.
This role will be a member of the CELA External Relations and
Executive Communications team. This role reports to the Chief of
Staff who works closely with the President on diverse projects and
is responsible for the department's rhythm of business, external
relations, finance, employee and executive communications, and
business management functions that support the broader
If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment,
where you will support a global team and are passionate about your
role as a business support professional - we'd like to learn more
Qualifications and skillsets include:
- Minimum 5-7 years of senior level business administrator
experience supporting an executive or senior leader, and a
comparable size team at Microsoft.
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, and
professionalism in all transactions including maintaining the
confidentiality of highly sensitive material.
- Balanced skill profile including attention to detail, problem
solving and decision making, organization and time management, and
- Ability to work successfully in a global team environment,
including the ability to build effective cross-group working
relationships and ability to work collaboratively with people at
all levels of the organization.
- Ability to accommodate varying work styles and perspectives of
diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, calmly and
confidently with a "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to act with appropriate urgency and to make course
corrections as needed in response to changing work situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel,
Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Strong working knowledge of MSFT internal tools such as Manager
Self Service (MSS) Tool, MS Expense 2, and My Order.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BA/BS degree preferred.
The above description is designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The
actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and maintain a complex and dynamic daily calendar with
an eye toward accuracy and time management.
- Make decisions in partnership with Chief of Staff on behalf of
the executive to ensure that all meeting requests are aligned with
time management priorities and performance objectives. Build an
understanding of what is critical to the business, allowing you to
make the appropriate decisions which impact the leader's time.
- Manage the timely intake and organization of all internal
briefing and planning materials, including by reviewing and helping
to edit such documents.
- Complete executive's expense reports in a compliant and timely
- Manage domestic and international travel scheduling end-to-end
including the proactive anticipation of logistics and
- Partner closely with the Chief of Staff and extended team to
support organizational cadence including leadership meetings,
All-Hands meetings, etc.
- Plan and arrange team morale events for CELA Senior Leadership
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff and Business Management
team on aligning Rhythm of the Business processes and operations
with Leader's calendar and ensure tight coordination of
- Lead and develop the CELA administrative community by
organizing regular group meetings, morale and training
- Additional daily administrative tasks may be required as
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Executive Business Administrator, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!