Water Resource Engineer
Company: Golder Associates
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living,
dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build
enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong
culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive
in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking a full-time Graduate Civil/Water Resources
Engineer to join our Redmond, Washington office. In this role you
will focus on civil, water, and hydrotechnical resource related
projects. The successful candidate will be able to assist and
support in a diverse range of areas including, but not limited to,
the following: hydrology, hydraulics, fluvial geomorphology, civil
design, pipe and pumping systems, earthen embankments and dams, new
mine design and mine remediation, linear project hydrotechnical
hazards assessments, hydrotechnical mitigation engineering, erosion
and slope stability mitigation engineering, surface water
management, and industrial site remediation and transportation
projects. Work includes integration and collaboration with related
geotechnical, geologic, and environmental efforts. An appreciation
for high quality, effective communication, and client-focused work
products is essential. Some travel will be required.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Hydrologic, hydraulic, and/or fluvial geomorphic (i.e.,
hydrotechnical) assessments, analyses, calculations, mitigation,
and related technical engineering concepts.
- Hydrology and hydraulic numerical and analytical modeling using
spreadsheet-based tools, and/or software such as 1D HEC-RAS and
HEC-HMS programs, other 2D hydrodynamic modeling tools (i.e.,
HEC-RAS 2D, TUFLOW, etc.).
- Basin or site-scale water balance and water supply
- Stream, riverine, and floodplain dynamics assessment and
- Hydrotechnical hazard assessments and mitigation.
- Ground surface erosion assessments and mitigation.
- Open-channel and floodplain erosion and scour processes
assessments and mitigation.
- Sediment transport assessments.
- Water quality data management, evaluation, and
- Civil layout, grading and/or drainage design.
- Pressurized piping/pump systems design.
- Compiling construction documents including design drawings and
- Construction and/or field experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
writing, a positive attitude, and the ability to work independently
or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office tools, such as
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Eligibility for Professional registration as an Engineer in
Training in State of Washington in related discipline or proven
eligibility for Professional registration in US.
- Willingness to travel locally and within the US.
- Master's degree in a water resource or similar related
discipline (i.e., Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering,
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil3D and civil design.
- Experience collaborating with related geotechnical, geologic,
and/or environmental work.
- Relevant work and field work experience and self-reliance.
- Submittal of a cover letter with your application is
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects;
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, a member of WSP, is a
leading global specialized engineering and consulting organization
with over 60 years of successful service to its clients. By joining
forces with WSP in 2021, Golder is now part of a 14,000-person
strong earth and environment practice, providing engineering,
remediation, regulatory & compliance, design and environmental
services on projects that span all seven continents. Our
professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering
unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges
that earth, environment, and energy present to clients across the
infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, manufacturing and power
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or
expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national
origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or
other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background
screening, drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Golder Associates, Redmond , Water Resource Engineer, Other , redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!