Principal Program Manager
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you passionate about computer security and protecting
millions of customers from cyber threats? Do you follow the news on
the latest ransomware or other threats? Do you consider yourself
customer-driven, and believe you have the skills and drive to help
us ensure Microsoft Defender is the best protection suite for
customers? Are you dreaming of leaving your mark in building best
of breed security to protect full spectrum of enterprise
environments? Are you looking to join a fast paced, dynamic and
diverse team? - Then we have an exciting opportunity just for
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is a world class leader in
providing best in the industry enterprise security solutions. With
that recognition comes responsibility, and there are always new
heights to conquer! We are responsible for program management
across a broad range of endpoint security capabilities within
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint suite. Our charter spans full range
of OS platforms for capabilities like Defender Antivirus, Human
Operated Ransomware protection, Network/Web Protection, user facing
Security UX , Attack Surface Reduction, Device Control, and more.
We are very customer focused. We work across geographies and we
partner with teams like Azure, Office, Windows OS Security
Platform, Microsoft Endpoint Manager to make security by Microsoft
truly seamless for customers.
We're looking for a talented Product Leader: a Program Manager
who is energetic, self-driven and can easily switch from product
management and planning to producing technical requirements that
can be consumed by our engineering and research teams. This role
requires cross-team, cross-company, cross-geo collaboration. The
ideal candidate should have a demonstrated track record of great
partner and customer engagement.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've
identified and you think you could be great in the role, we'd love
to learn more about you.
- 5-7+ years of engineering program management, product
management, (or) other engineering leadership experience
- Demonstrated robust performance in prior roles, with increasing
levels of responsibility and independence
- Demonstrated history of delivering products/scenarios spanning
- Strong understanding of the security industry, enterprise
environments, information protection, different operating systems
- Strong organizational, communication, project management,
negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, strong track record
of structuring and solving complex problems.
- Proven track record working in diverse environment, building
enterprise grade solutions with end to end ownership and
- Artful in communicating and influencing in a fast-moving
- Demonstrated customer focus. Relentless in pursuit of insights
into how the product is doing in market.
- Driven desire to learn, share, and improve.
- Bachelors + Degree in Computer Science and other related
- Experience working with a service and cloud is plus. As the
solution spans both client components and underlying services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will be responsible for endpoint security
capabilities with a focus on advanced, persistent threats. You will
engage with multiple customers, independently conduct research of
relevant security industry trends and relevant competitive
analysis. And you will ultimately translate all these inputs into
product scenarios. Many of our scenarios span across multiple teams
and will require you to drive initiatives across different groups.
In addition, you will need:
- Good understanding of the security industry and market trends
across multiple OS platforms are key to success in this role.
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate threat landscape,
customer scenarios and the associated engineering
- Ability to translate the big picture into detailed and
effective functional requirements and drive project execution.
- Ability to tell a story, clearly present your ideas and obtain
feedback from peers and partners.
- Define roadmap, scope your scenarios, contribute to testing of
your product features and execute end-to-end through release.
- Define key result metrics for your features, oversee their
release and measure success.
- Collaborate effectively with engineering and research
counterparts and with partner teams.
- Partner with the field to obtain customer feedback and help
- Maintain a continuous engagement with key enterprise customers
to deliver on customer needs.
- Embrace an adaptable and flexible organizational culture and
thrive in a fast paced and evolving industry/technology.
Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance division is committed to
our workforce reflecting the diversity of our customers and our
communities. Our mission is deeply inclusive: empower every person
and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We expect
each of us-no matter what our level, role or function is-to play an
active role in creating environments where people of diverse
backgrounds are excited to bring all of who they are and do their
best work. We take pride in being a diverse and inclusive team, and
we expect that you will join us on this mission.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Principal Program Manager, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!