Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build
community and bring the world closer together. Through our family
of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company
that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways
to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer
together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small
business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at
heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems,
and working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR Hardware, we are developing the
future of Portal, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR)
products. As a Display Optical Engineer, you will be a member of
our Display and Optics organization, taking a lead in the display
optical design to enable cutting edge visual experience. You will
set the technical goals, innovate on the front-of-screen quality
enhancement technologies, be the point of contact and interface to
the product development team, and work with the current and
evolving ecosystem to provide differentiating capabilities to our
HW platforms. You will be part of a tight-knit group of highly
talented engineers at the forefront of innovation for our Portal
and VR products.
1. Lead the display optical development and module design to
enable the cutting edge front of screen visual experience.
2. Define display optical specifications, test plan and
3. Provide display image quality enhancement solutions, define
evaluation matrix, and innovate in the areas of visual perception
and color calibration/management.
4. Proactively interface with product cross-functional teams,
such as EE, ME, SW and system team, to drive decisions for best
5. Identify risks, track and resolve issues through various
phases of production.
6. Design and integrate new display technologies into products
from the prototype phase to mass production.
7. Ability to travel up to 25% internationally.
8. Master's degree in Physics, Optics, Color Science, Vision
Science or related field.
9. 3+ years of experience in display module optical design, with
LCD/AMOLED or other display technologies.
10. Knowledge of display metrology, photometry, and
11. Experience with system integration, test, debugging and
12. Experience performing and designing DOE, data analysis, root
cause investigation, FACA, and quality control.
13. Hands-on experience in problem solving, bringing concept to
prototyping or production.
14. Experience in working with display vendors, ODMs and CMs, as
well as JDM development.
15. Experience in display optical performance related fields
such as color science, display module design.
16. Experience with optical simulation models with tools such as
Lightools, ZEMAX, Tracepro.
17. Experience of color calibration process and imaging pipeline
18. Proficiency in MATLAB or other programming/simulation
19. Understanding of human vision system.
20. Project management, communication skills and people
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at