Lead Integration Engineer (Starlink)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD INTEGRATION ENGINEER (STARLINK)
As a lead integration engineer, you will be responsible for
leading a team of engineers to develop manufacturing methods of
assembly, integration and general processing of satellites. You
will lead efforts to develop schedule and staffing plans required
to achieve program delivery milestones. You will lead the
development of the integration plan, identifying equipment, test
functions, resources, data artifacts and failure protocols. You
will ensure the satellite is ready for flight through assembly,
integration verification of design, and configuration. You will
lead a team to develop the capabilities in integration and test in
order to bring the hardware from engineering to production.
- Recruit, train, and challenge integration engineers to meet the
needs of Starlink satellite production. Set team goals and
priorities and drive individual career development goals.
- Develop, qualify, and implement large-scale manufacturing
processes to meet Starlink satellite production rates and maximize
- Lead team in developing production procedures, processes and
fabrication methods and manage the transition of parts and
assemblies from development to full rate production.
- Review and integrate engineering changes, seamlessly into the
integrated production and test flows, which will include
prioritization of incoming change requests to ensure R&D and
production has adequate support to meet critical milestones and
- Responsible for leading the definition of the vehicle assembly
level integrated concept of operations for newly introduced
satellite variants including sequencing of assembly and system
level test operations.
- Own and execute design for manufacturability to enhance
production efficiency through part design and establishing and
leveraging working relationships with design engineers, internal
machine shops and external suppliers.
- Serve as the main internal technical and programmatic point of
contact for a satellite integration and launch mission
- Evaluate vehicle readiness and impacts to requirements, vehicle
risk, CONOPs and launch dates due to changes.
- Coordinating satellite configuration, allocation, launch order,
risk management and issue resolution at the launch site.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in an engineering
- 1+ years of experience leading technical teams and/or projects
(informal project management experience qualifies).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading a team, while providing technical direction
and strong mentoring skills.
- Experience leading integration and test operations on rockets,
satellites, planetary exploration spacecraft, ships, or
- Experience with various manufacturing process developments,
facility and line layouts, process failure mode effects analysis,
and error proofing.
- Proficiency with integrated avionics testing, RF testing.
- Knowledge of launch vehicle or sub-assembly integration.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity, strong work
ethic, and drive to succeed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and
demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Teamwork skills, to motivate, task, evaluate and lead I&T
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs;
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%. Position is based in
Redmond, WA, however work at other SpaceX facilities for extended
periods for similar work may be required.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Redmond , Lead Integration Engineer (Starlink), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!