Manager, Customer Success - Modern Work
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every
organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered
on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and
encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In
doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions
of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own
digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud
solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in
a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft
customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- 10+ years of experience in consultative selling ideally in
consulting or technical sales
- 5+ years of experience in driving change management and
effective adoption within key technologies
- Proven ability to map the customer's business process to
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft
- Top-notch executive engagement and communication skills
- Proven ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with
business decision makers
- Passion for making others successful
- Willingness to travel - up to 40% BA/BS or equivalent required,
MBA in IT, finance, or general management preferred
- Industry knowledge and experience a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This Customer Success Manager (CSM) Manager role will directly
manage full-time employees (FTE) and/or vendor CSMs or CEs
(Customer Engineers) that will cover managed Modern Work customers
in their territory. This is an exciting role that will help create
bonds with our Modern Work customers and will fuel customer
success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive usage growth of "Modern Work" workloads (Microsoft 365
with a focus on Microsoft Teams Meetings and Platform and Apps on
Teams) thru Customer Success excellence; reducing competitive
- Hire, develop, support, coach and enable CSMs or CEs to ensure
effective delivery against priorities.
- Role Model One Microsoft - exceptional cross-team collaboration
and communicator. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders
in the subsidiary to drive CSM and CE role clarity and effective
- Amplify the Voice of the Customer within Microsoft,
representing the customers' technical interests, generating
insights, removing obstacles, and influencing engineering
- Manage your Area's coverage and role orchestration model
balancing customer needs, future growth and fiscal year usage
- Drive operational excellence, including timely
consumption/utilization opportunity management, Scrum and
high-quality reporting and insights through proper tools and
- Deep engagement with Business Decision Makers and IT Decision
Makers (BDM/ITDMs) to deliver business outcomes.
- Manage and drive usage culture at scale within the local
Microsoft subsidiary and the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Identify and document consumption best practices and customer
references to further grow the success of the CSM program.
- Identify and document new MIP (Managed IP), and manage
Utilization of your CE resources to ensure optimal productivity and
- Execute Team Readiness and Development - Attract, develop and
retain a talented team of profile CSMs or CEs, leveraging both HR &
external sources to ensure a strong pipeline of future
- Lead by example via deep, direct involvement in customer
engagements and a "showing by doing" mindset. Manage performance
through appropriate 1:1s and connect sessions, conduct performance
management assessments and reviews annually (FTEs).
- Develop capability thanks to his/her own abilities to deliver
all CSM customer facing activities, including the ability to coach
CSMs on the delivery of a functional design / gap analysis,
creation of qualitative "Success Plans", the design/driving of
adoption strategies and plans and the optimization of Microsoft's
purchase options for maximum impact.
- Support and enable professional development planning and
execution through assessments and role-based training plans.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and
- Ensure team members execute effectively, collaborate
appropriately and deliver a positive impact on the
- Create an inclusive, engaging and motivating work environment
that improves Work Health Index (WHI) results annually.
Lead team to ensure intense focus on Business Value, Active
Usage/Adoption, Renewals and Advocacy
- Provide support, coaching and enablement to CSM or CE team to
ensure effective delivery against the Monthly Active Usage and/or
Utilization targets, drive adoption, create high-quality customer
success plans, and monitor customer health.
- Become an expert in the Modern Work methodologies, programs and
- Build strong client relationships with the appropriate customer
executives that support the CSMs engagements. Strengthen that
relationship through a deep understanding of the customer's
- Establish a BDM-focused culture.
- Help remove blockers for the team.
- Lead the team to be a proactive, agile and responsive point of
contact for the customer and to be an effective technical Voice of
the Customer inside Microsoft.
- Establish a culture that grows account references, advocacy and
loyalty for the CSM and CE practice by maintaining high levels of
customer success and satisfaction.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process and Scrum, both
collecting performance data from the team and reporting performance
to the Customer Success Unit (CSU) Lead and Corporate Team.
- Manage team appropriately to reach agreed to Key Performance
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team in the
creation of strategy, targets and processes that will enable
successful attainment of goals.
- Create a high data hygiene culture. Ensure CSMs enter data on
customer engagements in a timely and high quality way that allows
accurate reporting to Field/Segment leadership teams.
- Identify and help remove blockers in processes both internal
and external through escalation, scoping, feedback and
- Establish regular contact with client base to review and gather
feedback on the CSM/CE role and program to drive further
Enable Stakeholder Collaboration and Coordination
- Help CSM/CE resources connect to their relevant internal
stakeholders and build positive relationships across other
Microsoft leadership roles.
- Ensure your team leads customer consumption governance for BDMs
for all assigned accounts, through proactive partnership with
Ensure your team leads Microsoft Teams internal alignment and
ROB for all assigned customers through proactive partnership with
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Manager, Customer Success - Modern Work, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!