Security Analyst - CTJ
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you enthusiastic about solving problems in the threat
detection and security response space? Are you interested in
solving unique challenges involving Cloud Computing? Or, how about
protecting over 1 billion customers worldwide and making the cyber
world a better place for everyone? If this is exciting to you, this
may be an ideal opportunity for you.
The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) seeks motivated,
experienced security professionals to join our team.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) within the MSRC is the
front line that defends Microsoft's cloud platform and online
services. Microsoft is looking for a security analyst to join its
SOC at one of its Redmond. The core responsibility is to perform
investigations in response to security alerts, which includes
digital forensics and data analytics. Your passion for finding
creative approaches to solve security problems will shine as you
gather evidence and build a picture about what transpired during
your investigations. You will be responsible for fusing multiple
sources of evidence to determine how a security incident occurred
and what steps need to transpire to remediate it. You will also be
responsible for building capabilities that close information gaps,
strengthen our cloud defenses, and defend customers from emerging
security threats. MSRC is a fast-paced team that constantly
provides new opportunities to learn and grow.
- 2+ years experience in 1 or more of the following - Performing
triage and forensic analysis of digital files and physical media
from a diverse array of operating systems (Windows, Linux, BSD),
and application software -SQL, IIS, Dynamics or similar
- 2+ yrs experience working in a SOC triaging, investigating, and
responding to security events and data breach incidents.
- Candidates must have an active TS/SCI CI to be considered for
- All Candidates must be willing to upgrade to TS SCI w Poly
- This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI
clearance w Poly
- All candidates must be able to pass Microsoft Cloud background
check at the time of Hire or Internal transfer and every 2 years
- One or more of the following information security-related
qualifications or demonstrable equivalent experience: CFCE, GCFA,
GNFA, GCIH, GCFE, OSCP, CISSP is preferred
- Experience in developing services or scripts for automation of
analysis, response, or forensics preferred
Previous experience performing Digital Forensics and Incident
Response (DFIR) within Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Cloud
Service Provider (CSP) environments highly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Perform Triage analysis, forensic investigation on suspected
compromised assets to determine what occurred.
- Collaborate with the broader response team to create adversary
eviction and incident remediation plans.
- Improve the triage and forensic program through expertise,
collaboration, and influence.
- Automate response, triage and forensic functions through coding
- Evaluate security risks and their impact to the Microsoft Cloud
platform and its online services.
- Create technical documentation for other analysts and other
teams to follow.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Security Analyst - CTJ, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!