Service Engineer 2
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical
products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big
ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our
customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and
more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have
deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a
clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale
experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers,
technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change
agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence,
transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we
encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to lead the digital transformation? Do you want to
transform the industry by defining and showcasing Microsoft's
strategy across any number of client experiences? If so, you may be
a great candidate for one of our openings in End User Services
Engineering. We are looking for a motivated, technically oriented
Service Engineer to manage the core client experiences across
Microsoft's Enterprise footprint. Our objective is to fully
transform the Enterprise client experience, making it as simple,
intuitive, and reliable as possible while enabling the next level
of productivity for both internal and external customers.
In this role, the Client Service Engineer will be responsible
for understanding the services and components required to deliver a
particular experience, establishing clear service or component
optimization strategies, and introducing new capabilities and
technologies that revolutionize the user experience and potentially
advance the industry as well. You will be part of a self-managed
Feature Crew responsible for the overall experience, including
delivery of planned changes designed to optimize a specific client
experience. You will engage and manage multiple internal and
external stakeholders including product teams, OEMs, Suppliers,
Procurement, and Facilities. You will also play a key role in
defining the service offering and roadmap to enable Microsoft's
customers to achieve amazing results in their own digital
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and
in-depth industry experience in the hardware, software, and
services aspects of the Enterprise Client Experience. We are
looking for candidates that demonstrate strong business acumen,
thought leadership, critical thinking, and negotiation skills with
a track record of strong customer advocacy. The Client Service
Engineer will balance technical and business objectives and will
engage and influence senior leaders internally and externally to
deliver high quality solutions and user experiences. Effective
negotiating, influencing, and leadership skills mixed with
creativity and deep subject matter expertise will be essential to
achieve strategic alignment of goals across this broad range of
- 3+ years of experience managing at least one of the core client
experiences (e.g., Client Imaging, Software Asset Management,
Client Management & Supportability, Client Hardware
Analysis/Testing, Print Services, etc.)
- Demonstrated familiarity and expertise with Power BI.
- Demonstrated familiarity and expertise with PowerShell
- Experience with cloud and/or hybrid infrastructures.
- Experience in Production Support, including enterprise IT
service escalation/support management.
- Proven ability to design and support secure services and
solutions that delight end-users and enhance their
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record of
successful project implementations.
- Ability to influence others across groups and be held
accountable for delivery without implicit authority.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with
the ability to reach agreements while building relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation
Preferred, not required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1+ year experience in development and design at scale using
object-oriented programming languages (C#, Java, C++)
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in network services and engineering.
- Experience with client management technologies such as
- Passion for using data and analytics to drive business
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills.
- Demonstrated curiosity for new technologies.
- Demonstrated passion for the user experience.
- Focus on quality and attention to detail.
Describe the ideal candidate (optional)
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in
hardware, software, and services aspects of the overall Enterprise
Client experience with a track record of strong customer advocacy.
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate strong business
acumen, thought leadership, critical thinking, and negotiation
skills. They must be able to balance technical and business
objectives and engage and influence senior leaders internally and
externally to deliver high quality solutions and user experiences.
Effective negotiating, influencing, and leadership skills mixed
with creativity and deep subject matter expertise will be essential
to achieve strategic alignment of goals across this broad range of
stakeholders. In addition, this individual would demonstrate the
ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs
through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Build solutions to help create tools and reporting that drives
- Identify emerging trends or re-occurring scenarios and drive
engineering opportunities to mitigate, automate or eliminate
- Build processes and functions across multiple groups to drive
- Ability to frame and communicate issues and recommendations
clearly and concisely.
- Show exceptional attention to detail and code solutions in a
- Define and execute against the Microsoft strategy and roadmap
for the client experience that is integrated across the Client
Managed Services portfolio and will showcase the benefits to
- Manage a portfolio of multiple service or component specific
initiatives simultaneously to expedite delivery of planned
- Drive strategic engagements with OEMs to understand product and
service offering roadmaps and influence the definition of future
- Design and lead execution of service or component operations
through Suppliers and vendor teams to achieve or exceed SLAs, KPIs,
and strategic goals.
- Partner with Procurement to execute RFx processes and contract
negotiations as required to manage costs effectively.
- Lead service and component governance as required, including
leading business and technical reviews with key stakeholders as
well as overall contract and budget management to highlight
challenges, issues, or dependencies as quickly as possible.
- Collaborate with teams across Core Services Engineering and
Product Groups to understand new features, influence product
roadmaps, and drive feedback to improve product quality and
experiences across multiple roles as required (End User, IT Admin,
& App Owner).
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies to influence future
service offerings from Microsoft and Suppliers.
- Design and engineer tools and processes to measure and ensure
- Drive strategy development and execution of service and product
improvements that meet the needs of Enterprise customers.
- Lead design and execution of data and telemetry-centric systems
to make decisions and drive feedback into systems design and
- Lead Live Site governance of the key business/service metrics
in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or
preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service
performs well on the agreed outcomes.
- Provide technical subject-matter expertise in one or more areas
of the portfolio of services to optimize and improve the end-user
- Contribute to Showcase materials and customer engagements to
drive adoption of Microsoft products.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Service Engineer 2, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!