This position is open until filled; however, to ensure
consideration applications should be received by April 12, 2021 at
The King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is a national leader in
providing creative and effective housing solutions so that people
and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of
King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest
landlord in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000
We change lives through housing.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and skilled
maintenance professional to maintain, service and repair the
housing units for our Patricia Harris portfolio for the Eastside
Region. Properties are located in Redmond.
KCHA has a reputation for excellence in affordable housing and
the successful candidate will ensure that theportfoliois kept in
outstanding condition through regular preventativemaintenance as
well as general grounds maintenance. Another meaningful aspectof
this role is theneed for excellent customer service in working with
a richly diverse group of tenants.
The individual selected for this role will be relied on for
broad knowledge and experience in the field of maintenance. The
housing in this portfolio will require regular maintenance to
include the upkeep and cleaning of the buildings and public areas,
as well as any required maintenance for the residential units,
appliances, and associated equipment.
As a fully occupied portfolio, the Maintenance Mechanic will
perform duties as needed including painting, carpentry, minor
plumbing and electrical work, grounds maintenance and custodial
cleaning. Occasionally there will be a need to respond to over-time
emergency calls. This position is represented by the Seattle King
County Building Trades Council.
Click here for additional details regarding this job
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in the maintenance of residential
buildings, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
that provides the necessary competencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Work requires knowledge of:
- Building methods, materials, tools and equipment.
- Interior and exterior painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical
or mechanical trades.
- Maintaining landscaping and cleaning.
- Building systems (HVAC, Boilers, Sprinklers, etc.).
Work requires the ability to:
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, appliances, plumbing
problems anddetermine most cost effective method for repair.
- Be a self-starter and work independently or in a group.
- Maintain and service assigned equipment, including generators,
weed eaters, mowers, and edgers.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the permitting and inspection
process for large projects.
- Be able to plan and work on small projects.
- Work in tight, confined areas or on roofs.
- Read and interpret diagrams, schematics, blueprints, drawings
specifications and manuals.
- Maintain effective customer relations with tenants and their
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background
- Must possess a valid driver's license in order to travel
regularly between work sites.
- Consent to and pass a Physical Abilities Test and required
Position Information and Application Process
To be considered for this opportunity an applicant should
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and
education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed
in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed rsum of all educational and professional
Salary & Benefits:
A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your
dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and
long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal
leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of
the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination,
vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions
performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments with
exposure to dirt and dust, noise, fumes and odors, in darkness or
in areas with poor lighting.
- Incumbent(s) frequently use power and hand tools and
- Work requires bending, lifting, kneeling, climbing as well as
working on ladders and tight spaces. Work may occasionally expose
incumbent to electrical, chemical and mechanical hazards natural to
maintenance work performed.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.