Bartell Drugs - Cashier (Part-Time)
Company: Bartell Drugs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
EDUCATIONAL, CERTIFICATE and LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months of prior retail experience preferred.
- 18 years of age or older preferred.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Physical Requirements (this is not a complete list of physical
demand/conditions that may be required to perform job
responsibilities, but should be used as an example of the minimum
- On occasion must be able to lift merchandise weighing up to
20-40 lbs from floor to chest.
- Must be able to bend or stoop below waist level on occasion to
stock lower shelves.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 25 lbs. or more of force on
- Must be able to use fine finger manipulation to handle cash
- Occasional repetitive arm movement to stock shelves
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Must demonstrate courteous and professional interpersonal
communication skills towards customers, supervisors and fellow
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, percentages, and dollars.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
Come join the Team at Bartell Drugs, The Northwest's Best Loved
Drug Store for 130 years and counting!
Primary Objective: Provides exceptional customer service,
performs all cash register functions and bags products, while
always displaying a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
Follows merchandising guidelines to assist with maintaining the
store. Reports to: Store ManagerMajor Responsibilities and Duties
Which May Be Considered Essential:
Provide exceptional customer service:
- Smile and greet each customer.
- Give every customer immediate attention. Follow through on all
customer questions and requests.
- Provide very positive, friendly and helpful service to each and
- Walk customer to the product and always ask if there is
anything else you can help them find.
- Follow the "Eight Foot Rule" by acknowledging all customers
within 8 feet of you.
- Answer telephone calls and page quickly with excellent phone
- Provide sincere "thank you" to each customer and invite them
back to the store.
Follow proper check stand procedures, including but not limited
- Removes customer's items from shopping carts and baskets and
places them onto countertop.
- Scan merchandise into cash register to ensure inventory
- Follow proper procedures for sales of tobacco and alcoholic
- Appropriately bag all customers' items purchased and provide
carry out when directed.
- Follow established procedures when reporting errors in retail
pricing and signage.
Other duties may include:
- Keep register area clean, dusted, well stocked, and faced.
- Clean, stock, dust and face products on store shelves as
- Maintain designated area(s) in the store.
- Identify and locate all merchandise in the store when
- Provide product and service information as appropriate.
- Determine inventory needs and order appropriately as directed
by the manager.
- Assist in properly stocking and merchandising products by
unloading delivery totes and pallets.
- Builds displays and rearrange shelf configurations as needed in
accordance with merchandising guidelines.
- Perform receiving, POS, cosmetics and greeting card department
duties as needed.
- Assist with the operation of the camera department, as
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the
- Communicate and interact positively with store management and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Bartell Drugs, Redmond , Bartell Drugs - Cashier (Part-Time), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!