Software Engineer II (Analytics)
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.The
mission of Flipgridis to empower everyone on the planet to share
their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
TheFlipgridteam has focused on student voices with our short-form
video application and arapidly growing, passionate community of
educators that empowers 100M+ learners, families, and organizations
across 180 countries.(Check out #FlipgridForAllon Twitter!)
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse
thinkers-people who care about culture as well as developing
extraordinary products that engage the Flipgrid community. We
believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big
vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as
well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what
lead to great results.
As a Software Engineer on Flipgrid's Analytics & Insights team,
you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated
problem solvers who work to bring data-backed insights into what
Flipgrid builds and how we operate. Your role will be to design,
build, and maintain the analytical infrastructure that powers our
data science and reporting efforts.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about data and focused
on delivering business impact.
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering
related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years Ruby or Rails (or similar language like Python)
experience with an emphasis on building, maintaining, and testing
- 3+ years of experience delivering solutions leveraging
Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- 2+ years experience developing for and building on Azure or AWS
- 2+ year experience developing and maintaining high traffic and
scalable public facing applications
- Working knowledge of message queueing protocols (SQS, RabbitMQ
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Redis.
- Knowledge of media pipelines (audio and video encoders, codecs
- Strong working knowledge running applications on Linux.
- Experience in writing scalable, distributed and highly
- Experience building and working in a Continuous Delivery
- Strong knowledge of metrics pipelines
- Comfortable working with structured/unstructured querying with
Redshift, SQL, ElasticSearch and Python.
- Curious about reliability and performance, up and down the
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- A willingness to learn, share and improve.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You'll share the responsibility for ensuring a successful user
experience for the product and will be expected to:
- Write clean and maintainable code that is efficient and
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and
- Willingness to work on the entire stack from back to
- Build and maintain large, complex data sets that are used
through the organization
- Innovate to deliver solutions that meet scale and performance
- Follow industry best practices (continuous integration, TDD,
- Define and curate business logic for executive and operational
- Implement analytics tooling for data democratization throughout
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Software Engineer II (Analytics), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!