Senior Security Engineering Manager
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Do you want to lead a team of highly motivated world-class
security engineers responsible for researching security issues
across Microsoft products, including the Microsoft Azure platform?
You'll manage the Microsoft Security Response Center
Vulnerabilities and Mitigations Team (MSRC V&M) Online Services
Team as a Senior Security Engineering Manager, exploring new ways
to find, eradicate, and prevent security flaws in our codebase.
You'll have the opportunity to work across Microsoft with
developers, pen testers and security personnel to get ahead of
those that wish to do harm to our customers. This is a unique
opportunity to impact every major web and cloud service that
Microsoft has running and learn to solve security at the scale and
complexity of Microsoft.
- 4+ years Security Software Development Experience
- 2+ years People Management Experience
- Demonstrated experience with online services security
- Ability to explain and advise on security design and
implementation of complex security problems.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security
screening requirements are required for this role. These
requirements include but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud
background check upon hire/transfer and every two years
- Public track record of vulnerability research and
- Understanding of security issues that may arise in managed and
native server code components and their security implications.
- Ability to understand C and/or C++
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Manage and retain direct reports who deliver results that
measurable improve the security of Microsoft online services.
- Develop new ways to prioritize projects within the online
services security space, with a specific focus on finding and
getting fixed the worst security flaws in the most places.
- Create tools, services, or whatever is necessary so that
developers and teams discover and address security
- Collaborate with teams across Microsoft to help perform and
validate root cause analysis of failures and understand different
- Find and recruit talented developers to contribute to our goal
of more secure services.
- Plan and manage an expanding portfolio of security areas and
track associated metrics and external cases and research.
- Create and represent plans to management for driving security
improvements across Microsoft Online Services space.
- Any other reasonable activity directed by management.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Senior Security Engineering Manager, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!