Principal Software Engineering Lead, Ingestion and Configuration Experiences - FullStack
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Join us in the Gaming Ecosystem Organization (GEO) and be part
of our mission to empower game creators to realize their dreams by
delivering the world's best tools and services from Xbox to Azure.
We are looking for people who are energized by innovating the tools
that support every stage in a game's life cycle. As game creators
evolve to deliver their titles as Games-as-a-Service, we are
supercharging our developer tools to support accelerated production
environments, agile back-end infrastructure, and live ops
Microsoft is uniquely positioned to accelerate the game
industry's transformation to cloud-based gaming, thanks to decades
of experience developing category-defining titles (Halo, Forza,
Minecraft, Flight Simulator), operating our Xbox gaming platform
and reliably delivering the Azure global cloud infrastructure,
which features pre-built gaming services. #Xbox #MicrosoftGaming
#DeveloperTools #GEOjobs #gamingjobs
- A passion for leading people and building incredible
- 10 years of experience delivering quality software within a
- 8 years programming in one or more of C#, C, C++, Java.
- 6 years building Web applications using HTML, CSS,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building positive partnerships between teams and
- Able to quickly resolve ambiguity and respond to rapid
- Expertise with RESTful APIs, services, and cloud storage
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, threading,
- 4 years programming with .NET Framework or .NET Core.
- 4 years programming with one of more of React.js, Knockout.js,
jQuery, Angular, ASP.NET/Core
- Expertise in two or more of Kubernetes, Linux, Azure or
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Prior experience working in a Technical / Project Lead
- And we would love to hear about your positive performance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for an engineering lead to run one of our
Developer Engagement and Management Teams. In this role, you will
manage a creative group of 4-6 full-stack software engineers
building a broad set of Web experiences and distributed services
which enable game creators' success. As a team leader you should
expect to spend about 60% of your time developing, growing, and
directing engineers to reach higher potential. The balance of your
time will be spent coding, driving architecture, innovation,
design, and development of highly scalable intelligent services/web
experiences within the team, and collaborating with game studios
and our technology partners.
- You will design, build, test, debug and ship quality service
code and Web applications.
- You will collaborate with and drive positive relationships with
games studios and technology partners.
- You will have the opportunity to solve complex problems that
enable innovative features across multiple devices and
- You will be a role model and an active participant in a
community that is creative, inclusive, and respectful.
- You will be part of a world class engineering team dedicated to
the delivery of highly available and reliable 24x7 services.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Principal Software Engineering Lead, Ingestion and Configuration Experiences - FullStack, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!