Camera Systems Architect
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Come work alongside
technology visionaries and research scientists to create the
technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the
adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change
the world. The Cameras & Sensors group is looking for a Camera
Systems Architect to drive current and future product architectures
that meet Facebook’s product vision, including feature
requirements, ISP & silicon capabilities, power budgets, optical &
mechanical design requirements and imaging solution cost. The ideal
candidate will lead multiple system analyses and tradeoff
evaluations while pushing boundaries in the imaging technology
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to understand system
level imaging requirements, derive specifications, and develop
camera system architectures consisting of imaging sensors, camera
modules, control algorithms, and application software.
- Develop methods to simulate, quantify, and analyze proposals
and designs for imaging systems.
- Deliver executive level presentations based on detailed
analysis of quantifiable data.
- Drive architecture specifications down to component level
selection or development.
- Partner with optical, sensors, camera system, opto-ME, EE,
imaging FW, tuning, and computational photography teams to lead the
translation of new camera architectures into high-performance,
reliable camera designs that delight our customers.
- Help define and lead camera technology roadmaps.
- BS in Optics, Physics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering,
Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in several of the following domains:
mechanical and opto-mechanical design, optics and optical design,
sensor technologies, image signal processing, CV algorithms and
- Expertise in imaging and full system simulations and evaluation
of the simulation result.
- Experience in documentation of camera system requirements and
system flow down specifications from architecture to
- PhD in Optics, Physics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering,
Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience in high volume consumer product development,
manufacturing test and reliability.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art ISP and image quality
- Good understanding of the latest camera sensors, optics
Facebook's mission is to
give people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started.
Facebook is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Redmond , Camera Systems Architect, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!