Research Scientist, 3D Computer Vision & Machine Perception (PhD)
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Facebook Reality Labs
Research (FRL Research) brings together a world-class R&D team
of researchers, developers, and engineers with the shared goal of
developing AR and VR across the spectrum. The Surreal Vision group
at FRL Research is seeking exceptional research scientists to solve
the next generation of research challenges on the path to building
future machine perception enabled technologies. The aim of this
role is to develop and advance computer vision algorithms and SW
systems for real-time and offline SLAM, visual odometry,
localization, 3D reconstruction, and object understanding.
- Research, develop and prototype advanced software technologies
in the domain of tracking, 3D reconstruction, localization, object
detection, and scene understanding.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, accuracy, scalability, and
stability of currently deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members throughout the lifetime of a
project, from prototyping to deployed products.
- Deliver research results that have a direct impact on Facebook
and Oculus products.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in the
field of computer vision, robotics or equivalent.
- Background in advanced geometric computer vision, including
tracking, SLAM, visual-inertial odometry, state estimation,
mapping, object understanding, scene reconstruction, or
- Mathematical background and understanding of numerical
optimization, linear algebra, probabilistic estimation and 3D
- 5+ years experience with a mastery of modern features in C++ or
- Experience designing machine learning algorithms, including
experience creating software for data loading, training, and
inference of novel ML architectures.
- Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch.
- Experience understanding, developing, and analyzing complex
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at
the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during
- Experience with SLAM systems e.g. monocular, stereo,
visual-inertial or RGBD.
- Background in optics or computational imaging.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Broad understanding of the full machine vision pipeline from
sensors to high-level algorithms.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as
demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as
first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences
such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, BMVC, ICRA, IROS, or SIGGRAPH.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship,
work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions
in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub.).
Facebook's mission is to
give people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started.
Facebook is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Redmond , Research Scientist, 3D Computer Vision & Machine Perception (PhD), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!