Integration Electrical Engineer
Posted on: June 2, 2021
As an DFM Engineer at
FRL, you will partner with internal design teams from early
conceptualization and development of high fidelity prototypes to
deliver high volume consumer products. As an integral member of the
core development team that bridges the space between one-off
Product Engineering prototypes and manufacturing partners, your
responsibilities will help shape the future success of our
products. Your role will collaborate cross-functionally within the
engineering community such as EE, ME, MFG, RE and test disciplines.
This position will have the opportunity to influence product design
decisions, own a substantial aspect of our scaled manufacturing
builds, and develop processes with line-of-sight to mass
production. The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability to
collaborate with internal design teams and external production
partners. More so, we are seeking experienced engineers that have
demonstrated success navigating through the development and
execution of end-to-end manufacturing processes in support of new
opto-mechanical products. The candidate will also have a strong
ability to communicate to all levels of an organization – from
management and higher-level strategy planning to the technicians
and leads on a manufacturing floor.
- Work with the hardware engineering team to understand product
design intent and be the driver for manufacturability of PCBA,
RFPC, FPCs and interconnect requirements for small-scale
manufacturing through high volume production handoff.
- Function as an expert in Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
methods, best practices and establishment of design rules.
- The position requires a strong technical aptitude including an
excellent understanding of DfX methodologies, high volume
electronics manufacturing processes, printed circuit board
technology, component selection, test and inspection methodologies,
quality assurance and consumer electronics product
- The successful candidate will be able to draw from industry
experience to provide technical guidance, perform physical and
statistical analysis, recommend and prepare design-of-experiments,
characterize process/design interactions, review component and
product design specifications, analyze mechanical and electrical
design information and draft/edit specifications and technical
- Lead board Fabrication activities, including work with rigid
PCB, flexible PCB, and rigid flex fab vendors to understand their
technology roadmaps, design rules and processes to support NPI as
well as production projects, work with the internal CAD team to
help define the design rules and constraints for PCB layout,
support internal engineering teams for DFM checks and DFM review,
and work with fab vendors to generate PCB panel fabrication
drawings for designs.
- Lead board assembly activities.
- Guide and support internal CAD and engineering teams on design
constraints (including standardizing and maintaining footprint
designs for rigid boards as well as LPI and coverlay-defined
flexible PCBs, setting spacing rules, solder paste data, SMD vs
NSMD pads) to optimize for production yield and cost. Examples may
include EMI shields, speaker jacks and other electro-mechanical
- Drive contract manufacturers to define the requirements for
their SMT process. Examples may include PoP memory assembly process
definition and process flow.
- Support mass production projects and work with the contract
manufacturers to improve their SMT process and optimize for better
yield and lower cost. Examples may include reviewing reflow oven
temperature profiles, stencil designs, solder paste inspection
process and AOI.
- Work with contract manufacturers to root-cause failures and
process issues during builds, utilizing 5D-Xray, CT scan and other
failure analysis tools.
- Provide feedback and learnings to internal CAD and engineering
teams to improve future designs and processes.
- Guide the integration of product elements to achieve optimized
designs. As an expert in these areas, you will work with external
partners to improve designs, define processes, and develop
equipment to manufacture and verify industry leading products.
- Lead design review activities including: DFM reviews, Failure
Modes and Effect Analyses (FMEA) for Design and Processes, and
Process Feasibility Reviews.
- Manage internal and external partner teams in the execution of
process design, experimentation, and bring-up.
- Evaluate prospective vendors (CM, Supply Chain) for process and
quality capability based on project needs.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering,
M.S. in related engineering discipline or equivalent
- 7+ years industry experience directly contributing to product
development or high-volume manufacturing process engineering
involving printed circuit board assembly (Board Fab, SMT,
through-hole, pin-in-paste), Rigid Flexible Printed Circuits,
Flexible Printed Circuits, and mechanical systems integration
within a concurrent environment
- Experience with process bring-up, fabrication and design
- Experience with communication skills, problem-solving,
- Experience with PCBA and product level failure modes
(production and field)
- Experience with relating failure mode to process, material and
design related stressors
- Experience with mass production in domestic and overseas
manufacturing on consumer products and management of external
vendor to deliver on schedule
- Experience with DFM related to printed circuit board assemblies
(PCBA), Rigid and Flexible Printed Circuits (RFPC/FPC), and
manufacturing processes, inspection and validation
- Experience in product/process characterization using techniques
such as FEA, strain analysis, cost modeling, yield and defect data
- Experience in Printed Circuit Board layout or fabrication
experience/knowledge, proficiency with PCB CAD layout and/or
- Experience with industry standards (IPC, JEDEC, IEEE, EIA,
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
(GD&T) and 2D/3D tolerance analyses
- Experience with design for six sigma, inclusive of structure
problem solving approach, design experimentation and optimization
(DOE), root cause and defect/failure analysis, FMEA, FEA,
reliability testing, statistical data analysis, manufacturing
process knowledge (MSA/GRR)
- Experience with electro-mechanical design, material selection,
design for EMI/RF, antennae design and system integration
- Experience with statistical analysis, including usage of tools
such as JMP and Minitab
- Experience with 3D design tools, FEA, and other CAD suites
- Experience with mechanical tolerance analysis and tools such as
CETOL and VSA
- Experience with high speed automation, mechanized assembly, and
testing for high volume products
- Experience with industry consortiums such as IPC and iNEMI
- Experience working with reliability and/or quality
Facebook's mission is to
give people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started.
Facebook is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Redmond , Integration Electrical Engineer, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!